..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to emulate Playstation 1 games on pcsx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello i am brand new to this forum and have been using pcsx2 for a few days now.

I've also heard that pcsx2 can emulate games on the psx. I tried downloading a game and it won't load. It's a ECM file and i believe pcsx2 can't run it.
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but i could't find one anywhere.

Thanks a lot!
pop your PS1 dvd in, and maybe it'll work.
ps1 emulation in pcsx2 is still at early stages, and many games may not be compatible.
(05-07-2017, 03:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]pop your PS1 dvd in, and maybe it'll work.
ps1 emulation in pcsx2 is still at early stages, and many games may not be compatible.

Ok i don't have it... It's a bio i just wanted to know if you could use bio's?
Er...
What do you mean ?
(05-07-2017, 03:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Er...
What do you mean ?

Oh dang it sorry i meant iso. I have an iso of ff ix. An ECM file and i want to know if you can change it so it works on the pcsx2
Just rerip your game with imgburn
(05-07-2017, 04:13 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Just rerip your game with imgburn

Ah thanks but now when i boot up the game it gives me "the red screen of death". It's probably the file.

Thanks anyway
At this stage probably much better off running them with epsxe,
From memory pcsx2 wasn't originally planned to ever run psx games.
use bios version 1.60 and disable speed hacks run in full mode maybe your game work in psx mode run tekken 3 force mode and kof99 tekken 3 fmode runs fine story or other modes instantly crash emu and kof99 crash on fight screen
Quote:use bios version 1.60
please don't spread false info.
thanks
Pages: 1 2