..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Intel HD 4600 OpenGL slow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, i'm trying to run Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence on PCSX2 last dev build, on DirectX 11 it runs perfectly at full speed, even with 2x IR,but there are black spots everywhere, when i turn to OpenGL, the speed goes to 50%, but the game don't have the blackspots anymore.
My PC:
Core i5 4460 3.2Ghz
Intel HD 4600
8GB DDR3

So, what should i do?
Getting a dedicated GPU ?
I've fixed it, got back to PCSX2 1.4.0, now OpenGL runs flawless, hell, i even put 2xIR and still runs nice.
I think that there's a bug on the Dev builds on Intel HD cards on OpenGL API.
there is also a bug with software renderer, it works at 10% speed compared to 1.4.0. It was good until august build or something as far as I remember.
(05-15-2017, 09:43 AM)xantier Wrote: [ -> ]there is also a bug with software renderer, it works at 10% speed compared to 1.4.0. It was good until august build or something as far as I remember.

That Might Explain when I Sport Games that at Times the Game has Bit of Slow Down during Mostly Replays
Well, i think that on the final version it's gonna be solved Laugh
It depends on the games , some are faster on Direct3D , some on OpenGL.
However both renders are a bit different. In the case of OpenGL it's more accurate hence why sometimes it can be slower than Direct3D.
There are also crc hacks which skip some effects which grant you speed bumps. Maybe the render improved and the crc hacks got removed since they are not needed anymore.
In my example If I compare Direct3D vs OpenGL on games such as GT4 for example which is somewhat rendered the same I get higher fps on OpenGL.
Also latest dev build gives me around +4 fps compared to 1.4.
Really?? well, i think that the Intel HD really don't like OpenGL so..
But a off topic question for you, i've seen your processor has a slighty better STR than mine(2078 vs 1950), can you run Ratchet and Clank 1 at 60 fps?
(05-26-2017, 11:52 PM)andreol263 Wrote: [ -> ]Really?? well, i think that the Intel HD really don't like OpenGL so..
But a off topic question for you, i've seen your processor has a slighty better STR than mine(2078 vs 1950), can you run Ratchet and Clank 1 at 60 fps?
It's intel itself that doesn't like OpenGL , they don't provide OpenGL 4.5 even on Kaby Lake Smile

2161 stp actually running the benchmark myself.

I don't have Ratchet and Clank 1 so can't really check , If you want to run R&C then you need the latest dev builds for mipmapping on Hw mode. It also provides a nice speed bump.