..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Every single game I play runs EXTREMELY slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

ExileVoid

I started using this emulator yesterday and I think it is amazing, but I cant get anything to work. I have quite the powerfull pc (Run most new games on 1440p high 70fps) and my friend who has a weaker pc can easily run some of these games. It is extremely slow, It is like someone has put it in slow motion. I found a error in the commands and not sure if this could be the reason why.

"
Reserving memory for recompilers...
CPU provider error:
Virtual memory map failed while reserving 'SuperVU0 Recompiler Cache':
SuperVU failed to allocate virtual memory below 256MB.
CPU provider error:
Virtual memory map failed while reserving 'SuperVU1 Recompiler Cache':
SuperVU failed to allocate virtual memory below 256MB.

Loading plugins...
Binding   GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll 
Windows 10.0.15063
Binding  PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\lilypad.dll 
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll 
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll 
Binding  USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll 
Binding   FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll 
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll 
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 264ms)

"

All help is appreciated.
Can you give us the PC's specs?

Also, what other programs are running on the computer? Sometimes, SuperVU fails to allocate it's memory when other programs like MSI Afterburner or some antivirus software is also running at the same time.
Why did you switch to SuperVU? Start by using default settings

ExileVoid

(05-28-2017, 01:25 PM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give us the PC's specs?

Also, what other programs are running on the computer? Sometimes, SuperVU fails to allocate it's memory when other programs like MSI Afterburner or some antivirus software is also running at the same time.

●Specs●
Processor: AMD FX-6300 
 RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz 
 Graphics card: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390X 8G 
 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 
 System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

There are not many programs running in the background that should affect it, I will try and turn that off tommorow morning (Virus) and see what happens and update you.

(05-28-2017, 04:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you switch to SuperVU? Start by using default settings
Not really sure what SuperVU is. I have not really messed with the settings, where do I go to turn it off? Also thank you for helping!
Quote:AMD FX-6300
STR = 1400 while we do recommend at least 1600. It's not a good strat for you Sad
what games are you trying to run ?

ExileVoid

(05-30-2017, 12:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]STR = 1400 while we do recommend at least 1600. It's not a good strat for you Sad
what games are you trying to run ?

I don't think this would be the problem as my mate has the same core and me yet a weaker card. I am trying to run pretty much any game I can come across but they all just end up lagging extremely badly. I have tried to run God of War, Tekken, Shadow Of Colossus, Okami and so on.
Shadow of the colossus : set VU cycle stealing speedhack to 1 or 2. this one is really demanding even on good rigs.
Tekken : can't tell, since every tekken is differently emulated and more or less demanding. TTT is very dfemaing, tekken 4 is quite demanding, Tekken 5 is moderately demanding
God Of War : Quite demanding too and will be probably a bit slow on that CPU without speedhacks.

Maybe your Friend did the overclock (IIRC you can easily reach 4.0 Ghz with this CPU) ?
Or maybe you're mistaken by thinking your freidn does have the exact same specs ?

ExileVoid

(05-31-2017, 10:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Shadow of the colossus : set VU cycle stealing speedhack to 1 or 2. this one is really demanding even on good rigs.
Tekken : can't tell, since every tekken is differently emulated and more or less demanding. TTT is very dfemaing, tekken 4 is quite demanding, Tekken 5 is moderately demanding
God Of War : Quite demanding too and will be probably a bit slow on that CPU without speedhacks.

Maybe your Friend did the overclock (IIRC you can easily reach 4.0 Ghz with this CPU) ?
Or maybe you're mistaken by thinking your freidn does have the exact same specs ?

Give me a game that I should be able to run and then I shall download it and update you on weather it works or not. I checked with him last night and I am 100% sure that we both have the same one (I got this one cause he had it) and he has not overclocked it as he is afraid it will ware it out faster. I have also set the speed hack to the absolute lowest mode (Fastest)
Quote:Give me a game that I should be able to run and then I shall download it and update you on weather it works or not.
which ones do you actually own ?

ExileVoid

(05-31-2017, 10:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]which ones do you actually own ?
The ones I listed.
Pages: 1 2