..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows 10 Creators Edition Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First of all, i've been searching on this forum if someone else already reported this issue, but didn't found anything...Hope this post isnt a duplicate...

So, i'm running a Win10 Pro, and I have two PS3 Sixaxis Controllers  (1 normal+1 dualshock3) , and a couple 2 months ago i had installed ScpToolkit (great SW btw).
it's been working flawlessly since day one....until i installed the Win 10 Creators Edition update (v. 1703)

Previously, before Win10 Creators Edition update, i could test the controller input through the "xbox controler" device settings, listed on my HW device list. and played every game game that works with gamepad, ie, Forza Horizon 3, Gauntlet (2 controllers at same time), Need for Speed 2015...without no issue, as i was playing a PS3 game.
Since the Win update, i have been trying everything... upgraded to the ScpToolkit current version (1.7.277.16103); uninstall/reinstall,etc.... The controllers even aren't detected anymore during SCP setup.... nothing. Doesn't work anymore

Is there someone else having this issue also, at same circumstances?
Does the author aware of this issue and working on it? (Hope he does, and congrats for this nice driver emulator)

Thanks for appreciation!
Maybe I'm not understanding. But if the controllers aren't being detected in Windows since you did the update, what do you hope to be updated in PCSX2 to make them work in Windows? You'll have to get it working in Windows 1st before getting support for the emulator
Try this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FireShock...ontrollers

It will not work in win 7/8/8.1 but it was made for 10. If it works don't forget to thank the author.
(05-31-2017, 04:58 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I'm not understanding.  But if the controllers aren't being detected in Windows since you did the update, what do you hope to be updated in PCSX2 to make them work in Windows?  You'll have to get it working in Windows 1st before getting support for the emulator

Hi,
What you say does make sense. But, what i meant was that at the beginning, when i installed SCPToolkit for the first time, during its installation, it besides the program itself, it installed the controller drivers it self.
Anyway, the point here is that after Win10 Creators Edition update, while the SCP was already installed, it simply started to raise some error popup at windows startup, an then i realizes the PS3 controller stopped to work with new Win10 version.
So after that, as i told before, i tried to reinstall with no success. I left this subject in standby about 1 month. Now, win a newer version available i did a new try, but nothing yet... Lets see what future days can bring Smile

Thanks
Moving this to the tools section as this isn't directly related to PCSX2.
(05-31-2017, 05:50 AM)TkSilver Wrote: [ -> ]Try this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FireShock...ontrollers

It will not work in win 7/8/8.1 but it was made for 10.  If it works don't forget to thank the author.

Hi,
Thanks in advance for the suggestion. I did a try with Fireshock.... Well it did some improvements, since by itself, installed the PS3 controller in Windows. Now i can see it within "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" as "PLAYSTATION®3 Controller" and can test the buttons input in the "proprieties".

Just with Fireshock installed, i tested some games, and as expected, the XO...buttons (the right ones) buttons weren't work at all or misconfigured (comparing with the way was ok before Creators Edition update). I guess this is about "Xinput-support" thingy. About this, i tried to install those drivers, but i'm not sure how to install "ViGEm" binaries, to enable the controler's inputs beave like a native Xbox gamepad.
Do you know how to install ViGEm along with Fireshock? Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Hey everybody!

It seems i solved the issue with SCPServer: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-u...gh-Xinput/
Hope it helps who ever have the same issues as me!
Cheers! Thank you all for the help!