..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far i have tried 2 games which is Hot Wheels - Stunt Track Challenge and Call of Duty - World at War- Final Fronts
my issues are both of the game are lagging, it only give me 100% speed only on cutscene and main menu but when i play it gives me less than 50% of speed.
I have tweaked the configuration, the emulation settings, the video settings, and the sound setting
Question
  1. Is the game really that heavy that my PC cant handle it?
  2. What cause this lag?
  3. Is this lag because of the emulator or my PC?
  4. Whats the solution for this lag?
Its strange because when i ran other pc games like dota 2 which i think is heavier than ps2 games i mentioned above i can get 60 fps while on the ps2 games i can barely get 30 fps.
My PC specs are
  • AMD A10-5800K ~4.0 Ghz
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM(4*2)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
  • 1 TB HDD
(06-13-2017, 09:49 AM)tempest_297 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the game really that heavy that my PC cant handle it?
Yes.
Quote:What cause this lag?
your CPU's low STR (1459. recommended is at least 1600, even more for demanding games like CoD)
Quote:Is this lag because of the emulator or my PC?
Both. Your CPU is a bit weak to handle emulation under pcsx2 fully
Quote:Whats the solution for this lag?
tinker with speedhacks to reduce the, give OGL renderer a try, don't push internal res too high...
...and keep your hopes and expectations low with that CPU.
I think you might get playable speeds on hot wheels, but you'd better play Cod on your real PS2 console if you want to enjoy it. that CPU won't be able to handle it near full speed whatever you do.
Quote:Its strange because when i ran other pc games like dota 2 which i think is heavier than ps2 games
Wrong think, but a common beginner statement.
You're making a confusion between emulation and native pc gaming. which is a whole different matter.
(06-13-2017, 10:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.
your CPU's low STR (1459. recommended is at least 1600, even more for demanding games like CoD)
Both. Your CPU is a bit weak to handle emulation under pcsx2 fully
tinker with speedhacks to reduce the, give OGL renderer a try, don't push internal res too high...
...and keep your hopes and expectations low with that CPU.
I think you might get playable speeds on hot wheels, but you'd better play Cod on your real PS2 console if you want to enjoy it. that CPU won't be able to handle it near full speed whatever you do.
Wrong think, but a common beginner statement.
You're making a confusion between emulation and native pc gaming. which is a whole different matter.
so the CPU is more important than GPU in this case?
definitely
FPS, EE%, GS%, (MTVU%) during slowdowns? (can be read in the title bar of the emulation window)
if i remember correctly the cod games on the emulator are very CPU intensive try messing with the speedhacks and turn off large framebuffer in video settings.