..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ace Combat 5 Question ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all I would like to thank the developers for the amazing job you guys have done with this program I have been following and playing since version 0.9.7 and it has come a long way since that time.

Most recently some of my favorite games of all time started working in OGL hardware mode almost flawlessly however I have a few questions regarding the very few glitches that still happen with this game the main one being the 3D clouds not appearing though this is not a major issue I would like to know if it has any chances of being fixed sin the future.

The other issue is having big black boxes (artifacts) appearing around the anti air missile blast effect (the special weapon that downs all planes under a certain altitude which I always forget the name) I know this is probably just me not using the right settings as I have seen a few videos on you tube of people playing without getting the issue so if someone would kindly like to share their settings for Ace Combat 5 it would be amazing !

Cheers X.L

Core i7 6700K 
32GB Ram
GTX 1070
Samsung 840 SSD (System)
Seagate SSHD 2To (storage)

PCSX2 GIT 1.5  4a56240
It's a known issue with using Hardware mode. You're going to get a bunch of graphical glitches. Only fix for now is to play the game in software mode
(06-13-2017, 12:35 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]It's a known issue with using Hardware mode.  You're going to get a bunch of graphical glitches.  Only fix for now is to play the game in software mode

Actually the game has been working great in HW mode OGL for a while now in the dev builds that is ! gone are the days of the glitched ground textures you can actually play through the entire game in HW mode now no problem I am just experiencing a couple minor glitches and just found the fix for the missile explosion effect issue Half pixel Offset needs to be set to Special (texture aggressive)

However I would like a Dev to clarify if we can hope to have the 3d clouds work in HW mode one day ?

Anyway thank you for the answer man.

Cheers X.L
Github issue about clouds: The issue is known but currently not worked on. So no ETA for the fix.