..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Feature request for pad plugins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I have a request for a pad plugin. I am trying to play MGS2 and 3 but they need analogue input on the square button to be able to aim but not shoot. I am using a steam controller so I was wondering if one of the pad plugins lets you bind a key (or button) to a half/partial press on an analogue button. I want to bind one of the handle buttons to be a half press so I can use it to aim. I cant get a ps3 controller to get actual analogue input and I think that would be a nice work around.
Thanks in advance.
If your pad supports XInput if you use XPad plugin I believe and it will work, as long as your pad has analog pressure on the buttons (I don't think the steam pad does?)
(06-24-2017, 10:58 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]If your pad supports XInput if you use XPad plugin I believe and it will work, as long as your pad has analog pressure on the buttons (I don't think the steam pad does?)

Steam controller doesnt support analogue hence the request for some way to map a half press to another button.
Oh right, hmm, probably not going to happen. SSSPSX pad plugin used to kind support it so when you pressed it increased the intensity depending on how long you held the button, but it didn't really work very well. If you start being able to map half presses to other buttons, you're gonna run out of buttons quite quickly!

It's a better idea to get a controller that supports analog presses and use the plugin designed for it.