..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Generic bluetooth controller lilypad input overwrite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So im trying to set up a generic bluetooth controller (the fact that its wireless doesnt seem to have anything to do with it, as im running into the same problems when using it via wire). I have another thread where i asked some similar questions, but i might have made some mistakes in my options, but now while im trying something else it wont let me input more than one thing when configuring it. (as in when i try to configure circle and cross they overwrite each other). What can I do about this?
i believe i should say that my gamepad only reacts in a few ways. acceleration + and -. z axis + and y axis +
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
also screenshot your lilypad general settings page and pad 1's page as well. It will help.
Right, im using an msi gp62mVR laptop. 

Specs
- Intel core i7-7700HQ 
- GTX 1060
- 8 GB of DDR4 ram

-pcsx2 1.4.0

So far i haven't even tried to play any games, just tried to format the memory cards. Also, the controller im using is a ksix wireless controller, mainly used for android, but I have used it for my computer in the past. 

Thanks
from what I see in your first screenshot, you don't have any game controller connected, or your gaming controller is wrongly recognized.

What's the name of your controller in windows control panel ?
The name of it is Ksixg2, its recognized as a keyboard (but with game controller settings when i right click it.). Granted i didnt have it on (as its wireless) when i took the screenshot.
Quote:its recognized as a keyboard
ugh...
this is gonna be a hard time for lilypad...
You could try ticking Raw input in keyboard API, maybe...
But it's highly possible it'll mess with your real keyboard
Well, that still leaves the problem of the inputs overwriting themselves. Because when im trying to bind the keys (for instance cross and square), then it overwrites itself and only shows the latest input. Do you know if there are any other programs that would be better suited?
maybe pokopom plugin or ssxpad plugin.
But pokopom is of course designed for xinput standards, and SSX pad plugin dev has been stopped quite a while ago.
I wouldn't expect too much with this controller.

It's not surprising it's overwriting the keys since it's detected as a keyboard with very few keys (a kind of "non standard" keyboard).
It's probably sending non standard signals to lilypad and lilypad gets confused on recognition.
Pages: 1 2