..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm quite new to this forum so first of all, sorry if this thread is in the wrong section or if there is already a thread like this

whenever I run a game with my emulator, i have constant fps drops although my PC is pretty good.

often, the drops happen whenever something happens that requires a bit of work of the processor (like explosions, plumes, basically what causes a performance of a lot of particles)

I have 8GB Memory

any recommendations on settings in the pcsx2 launcher?

thanks in advance
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(07-23-2017, 10:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
  • intelcore i5-5200U 2,2 GHz, nvidea geforce 940M 2GB, 8GB memory, Windows 8.1
  • pcsx2 1.4.0. (not sure if there was an update lately)
  • none
  • mortal kombat shaolin monks, mortal kombat deception, metal gear solid 2-3

i feel like the specs should be enough for playstation2 games, arent they? not the best PC but quiet enough for me
Your CPU's STR is 1414 for the games you mentioned, you'll need 1800-2000 to get full speed.
Not much you can do apart from playing those games on your ps2 console until you get a better cpu
how come the emulator requires so much of the pc's specs? i mean its a shame but u cant cheat on a console, thats why i was looking to find a way for it by using this emulator
Actually, Armax or codebreaker let you cheat on your console.
It requires a lot, because original hardware is extremely different from a PC. And hard to emulate.
(07-23-2017, 11:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, Armax or codebreaker let you cheat on your console.
It requires a lot, because original hardware is extremely different from a PC. And hard to emulate.

but there is a cheat section in pcsx2, cant i just use that with action replay codes?
Those were 2 different answers

To cheat on a physical ps2 there are lots of different cheat discs (codebreaker, action replay max, and others)

The reason PCSX2 requires a lot from a PC to run a PS2 game is because the engineers at Sony who designed the PS2 did some very odd things and it makes emulation difficult.