..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: using cheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I absolutely love the game "Mortal Kombat - Shaolin Monks"

I would like to use character modifier codes to play as Baraka, Johnny Cage a.s.o. in story mode, though i seem to be pretty dumb at cheating.

Here's what I already tried:

using a renamed .pnach (name of pnach = game CRC)
into said .pnach, there are cheats converted for pcsx2-format
only 1 cheat is working though, namely the PAL-to-NTSC-Cheat.

i tried to use codebreakerv10.iso and as probably everybody knows, there are cheat codes already given in that.

i tried to use those and even tried to use others I've found online.

Though none of them seem to work for me. I think I'm doing something wrong, thats why the codes aren't working.

Please help me out
I'm thinking you may have neglected to "swap out" the game iso after selecting the codes (refer to http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Code_Breaker).  Either that or you didn't enable the Master Code? Each game I think requires the Master Code to be enabled.
(07-24-2017, 09:31 PM)bikeking8 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking you may have neglected to "swap out" the game iso after selecting the codes (refer to http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Code_Breaker).  Either that or you didn't enable the Master Code? Each game I think requires the Master Code to be enabled.

nah, i even bothered to watch a tutorial on how to properly use the codebreaker.iso, i was aware that you have to press start after selecting all the cheats you want, but they somehow dont work.

ill try to upload a video on how i do it, if you want to or if you can help me
A tutorial ?
how did you use it on your PS2 console ?
just do it the same way ...
Odd question kinda related

Can you use your keyboard as a keyboard in PCSX2? I used to use one to enter codebreaker cheats on my physical console.
I don't think so.
Jackun's plugin has made usb support definitely better than it was before, but using keyboards is still unsupported IIRC.