..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black patches in Kingdom Hearts II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

After upscaling there are black patches on the floor every now and then in Kingdom Hearts II. Is there any way to remove these or do I have to just live with them or go back to native?
Which exact plugin are you using?
yea just live with them or set it to dx9 mode or dx10 software or just use native Smile

EDIT: vborovic, those black patches happen in gsdx dx10 hardware for kh2 Smile (it was already reported Tongue)
Yeah, dx9 fixes them but I wish I could do the alt-enter (full screen switch) on dx9. I was mainly testing upscaling because i got my new Graphics Card today. Would upscaling cause KHII to crash at the start of the game?
i don't believe so. Smile

and for the fullscreen thing you could just set the resolution and it'll go into fullscreen by itself Smile
By the way, I'd recommend updating to GSdx 962, and if you do, you'll also have to update your DirectX to March 2009 release...
Here's what i get:

GSdx 9
[Image: pcsx202009041712581724.png]

GSdx 10
[Image: pcsx202009041712565601f.png]

This was with my current revision annd i am updating to latest now (997)
well you'll just have to wait for if Gabest can fix it Closedeyes Smile
I've found I only get this problem when my pc has been on for a while.
Also it only starts once I pass 1024x768 internal res,

If I go on kh2 first thing in the morning when my pc is cool as a cucumber I can basically play any resolution without the dodgy shadows.

Also I noticed that when the patches appear, sometimes you can pause it for a few seconds and unpause it and they disappear.
(04-17-2009, 11:53 PM)marcus Wrote: [ -> ]Also I noticed that when the patches appear, sometimes you can pause it for a few seconds and unpause it and they disappear.
that kindof seems to me like part of the pre-pcsx2 PG 662 problem. Smile Ninja (maybe it's sneaking it's way back in Ninja Glare )