..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: help Request: Tales of Destiny Directors cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been adjusting this for hours now i think on PCSX2 0.9.6. So far, no dice. I've tried using ZeroGS combines with peops CD/DVD and the ZeroSPU2 sound plugin, but after a battle, the screen remains black with music going in the background. So i decided to try GDsx with the other plugins, and it worked before it froze on the scene of stahn escaping the Carrier. The sound was laggy and choppy too. So I decided to try changing the sound plugin to peops. however, when i did this, the same problem from before With ZeroGS happened. This is odd, and im trying to find the balance between the two. Any help?

update: Tried out the 975 beta and used the plugins and it worked for a while, survived the black screen once, second time, wasn't so lucky. Looks like the dreaded black screen still prevails.
There's a gamefix for Destiny. Are you using it?
Yeah this game seems to have quite a bit of issues. Use savestates often. Though I haven't had the black screen problem of late I haven't played for more than a half an hour at a time though.
Well, i managed to make it off the carrier and im in some snowy place. game seemed to be running fine, no black screens, so i saved, and changed my sound driver back to peops, since peops can handle its music better. Well, it did a little better than zero, still a bit laggy and repeaty since i had to use wait vysync, but i wasnt going to complain. So i leveled up a bit, then went back inside the lodge, and it froze with a dreaded black screen and music. Seems to me if you enter buildings with peops, it crashes.

No, i had no idea nor do i know where a game fix is. if i could have a referal i'd really apprecaite it.
I don't use peops I use zero or spu-x though the newer spu-x's sem to have regressed a little with this game.
Ive tried SPU-x of them. Sounds laggy all the way. I do seem to be avoiding the black screen, but the games laggy too.
The gamefix is found by opening PCSX2, going into Config->Gamefixes, and checking the appropriate gamefix for ToD. That would likely fix some of your problems, though I've never played the game on PCSX2 myself.
(04-19-2009, 05:23 AM)With Teeth Wrote: [ -> ]The gamefix is found by opening PCSX2, going into Config->Gamefixes, and checking the appropriate gamefix for ToD. That would likely fix some of your problems, though I've never played the game on PCSX2 myself.

The gamefix is for a specific location in the game. It actually breaks tons of other things in the game so turning it on is a bad idea.
Oh, didn't know that. As I said I haven't tried it but I thought it may have helped. Must have been a pretty bad suggestion if you had to make an account just to inform me of that Tongue
(04-21-2009, 03:37 AM)With Teeth Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, didn't know that. As I said I haven't tried it but I thought it may have helped. Must have been a pretty bad suggestion if you had to make an account just to inform me of that Tongue
Nah, just a lurker hoping to post some helpful info here for the first time. Tongue
Pages: 1 2