..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: About the 8600GT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering, have any of you had any issues with that particular card? I've really never had a high, or even mid end pc before, and I was wondering if starting with something like that was a decent enough for pcsx2.
Yeah, its decent. Don't expect it to run games at the highest resolutions, but it CAN run games Wink
I have it, and it's ok for most games.
Some games like soulcalibur 3 (very gpu demanding) will be extremely slow, though
Oh I see, I better cross of soulcalibur 3. XD But do any of you know if it'll work ok for a game like Xenosaga for example?
Xenosaga is more CPU demanding, AFAIK
Seriously, even the very first one? O.o What about the kingdom hearts series?
(04-21-2009, 08:17 PM)Akira420 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, even the very first one? O.o What about the kingdom hearts series?

Xenosaga requires a very good pc to run.
Kingdom Hearts will run at 60fps mostly.
do not go for an 8600GT, its old and slow for most games, you can look out for 9500GT or 9600GT.
9500GT is cheap and is a good overclockable card on stock cooling. 9600GT is faster.
Hmm, its just laptops have very few upgrade options. -.- Hmm, kh, FX, and FXII are covered. Have any of you tested it with Yakuza 2, Wild arms, or tales of the abyss?
Its basically the CPU which is the most important when it comes to pcsx2.
A fast cpu with an 8600GT would run any game fast.
And by fast I mean a CPU clocked at 3.6GHz and higher.
Pages: 1 2