..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: playing guitar hero 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I am trying to play this PS2 game, Guitar Hero 2 on my powerful computer, having a dual core amd athlon 64x2 500+ ( 2.66GHz ) Processor. Now, I installed the program and the BIOS and wheneven it starts up, it starts up quite fine, EXCEPT, whenever I try to play the game, the music and the game itself behaves very jerky and I tried to change the emulation settings and processor settings and still no luck.
Now, what EXACTLY must I change in the emulation settings of the Pcsx2 0.9.6 software, so that it would run flawlessly, I mean, the game starts up fine and I can program my keyboard to act like a guitar hero controller by confuguring the keyboard assigments to the appropriate buttons, but the emulation has flaws which I don't know how to fix.

Any Suggestions?
Your processor is not powerful for PCSX2. You also did not mention graphics card,plugins used etc etc so we can't help you this way.
im sorry, i have an amd athlon 64x2 5000+ ( 2.66ghz dual core ) and i have an ati hd 2600xt 512mb ( pci-e ) and i am not sure what plugins to use, or settings, i have no clue, thats why i am posting this
That's why I've wrote this guide...
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
well, i need extremly specific settings, i need you to completly tell me step by step, for specificly gh2
there is no specific ones. lower settings are quicker, higher settings look nicer. its a no brainer as with most games.
well, i dont think i mention that it gets past the menu`s and every thing, it works fine except if im playing a song, it is not possible to hit the notes on time because its so choppy, also, none of my games are working, they all do the same thing