..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Suggested Games for my PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ (3.2ghz, dual core)
GPU: GeForce 8800 GTX

I've only tried to emulate 2 games so far. One was Final Fantasy XII, but it's a bit on the slow side. One of these days I might get Windows 7 and enjoy DX10. I'm fairly intolerant of playing a game when it isn't at its best. So I checked out Xenosaga Ep 1 and it was even worse. Although it ran more smoothly than FFXII despite being slower.

So what games do you guys recommend for emulation? I hear good things about FFX, but I can't stand the voice acting. It doesn't even have to be an RPG, though I do enjoy a deep immersive story. So list up to 3 of your favorite games to play on the pcsx2, and I'll go check out reviews for the games and determine if I'm interested.
you could play just about anything on that pc probably. I get good framerates with a few hacks o a 2.2 dual core with an 8400 (vista)
Sorry, can't resist: oh my god, what a useless thread.

You can try playing whatever you want, just remember that you have to own the game.
(04-26-2009, 05:15 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, can't resist: oh my god, what a useless thread.

You can try playing whatever you want, just remember that you have to own the game.

who says he has to "own" the game??
(04-26-2009, 07:17 PM)Windsong Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2009, 05:15 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, can't resist: oh my god, what a useless thread.

Rules say.
(04-26-2009, 07:19 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]

Rules say.

he could borrow games from a friend or such. or buy them online.
(04-26-2009, 07:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2009, 07:19 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]

Rules say.

he could borrow games from a friend or such. or buy them online.

I just said in general. No need to run around correcting every word or whatever. I think any more or less educated guy or girl would treat these words as "game should not be pirated".
I have no wish for another warning for spam and offtopic so this is the last I was say of the subject. when I see somethng like "this" Itake it quite literally to the point it was typed/said. and I make my comments accordingly
Interesting spin on my request. This request is independent of the issue of whether or not I own games. Indeed, by asking for recommendations, and looking at reviews, I spare myself money in buying games only to find that they don't emulate very well. I have never liked consoles - much preferring to play games on my PC.

So let's get honest. I honestly own Final Fantasy XII, and wish very much that I could play it smoothly on my PC. I also own Final Fantasy X, and very much wish it had good voice acting. I also own a PS2, and use it to play Final Fantasy XII. I do not own Xenosaga, and since it doesn't emulate very quickly, I'm not likely to start owning it.

So let's move past that unrelated issue of ownership.

Could people please post their favorite 3 games to emulate on PCSX2? The compatability list is great for knowing if the game is supported, but doesn't give an indicator of minimum requirements to run at speed (if possible). So hence my question to you fellas.
All Nippon Ichi game runs pretty fast and are really good.

I own Disgea 1 and 2, Makai Kingdom and La Pucelle Tactics.
I finished Disgea 1 and Makai Kingdom with PCSX2 without flaw and I'm currently playing La Pucelle.

Persona 3 and 4 are really good too but I'm not sure your pc will handle them (my 3.6Ghz Core2 can't avoid a few slowdown).
Pages: 1 2