..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help me to speed up my PCSX2!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello users!
Spending long time to search for PS2 on the PC, I have found a wonderful sotfware, the PCSX2, in this site. I downloaded it and ran on my PC. I find some problems while I try it on my PC, but by many instructions in this site and other related sites, most problems have been solved.
Now I can run PCSX2 on my PC, but it run slowly, only 10 - 15 frams, although my PC meet the requitement.

My PC

Processore: Intel P4 2.66MHz
VGA: Intel 82915G Express Chipset Family 128Mb
RAM: 1Gb DDR2
DirectX: DirectX 10.0

PCSX2

Sotf: PCSX2 9.6
Graphic: GSdx-SSE2
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1
Pad: PadSSSPSX
Cdvdrom: CDVD 0.1.0
Bios: Europ v2.00

Why it run slowly on my PC? I need helps from you, so I would like to thank for all advices you may have.
Try using speedhacks, and try reducing D3D internal resolution below games' native resolution. Go to advanced options and set everything to "Zero;Chop/Zero;None".

Anyway, your pc is helluva slow, so don't expect any miracles.
meeting system requirements does not mean that the games will run fast, it means that the game/emulator will work.
a p4 even if it is overclocked will be slow and wont runany game fast enough to be playable.

your only option is to upgrade to a faster dual core cpu preferable a core2duo running at 3ghz. e8400 is an example of that.
ingame i get 30-40 fps
fmvs around 15-20. kinda slow. is this normal?
any way to fix it?
kurtsky:
So why do you hijack this thread? Is your pc as old as Kakkada's or what?

And yeah, slow emulation is normal if your pc is old. It can't be "fixed" either, because it isn't broken.
well we can't tell if its "normal" unless you tell us your specs
where do these people with integrated GFX chip come from XD
I know a lot ppl who have computer since it's almost required for our school XD
but I NEVER met someone with only an integrated GFX chip XD

can someone please write in the tutorial that playing with an integrated GFX chip is only sufficient if one has a I7 or similar and plays on software mode all the time XD

alright except maybe for gust games XD and Disgaea
(04-27-2009, 08:28 AM)redlof Wrote: [ -> ]a p4 even if it is overclocked will be slow and wont run any game fast enough to be playable.

Don't be so sure about that Cool
Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a suspicion that my PC is too slow for PCSX2 as well.

I'm running an Athlon64 X2 3800+ with 2 gigs of DDR400 and a 7800GTX on XP Pro SP3.

Too slow for PCSX2? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Tekken5 runs at about 25FPS, which is way too slow - haven't tried any other games yet.
(04-27-2009, 10:33 AM)bemymonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a suspicion that my PC is too slow for PCSX2 as well.

I'm running an Athlon64 X2 3800+ with 2 gigs of DDR400 and a 7800GTX on XP Pro SP3.

Too slow for PCSX2? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Tekken5 runs at about 25FPS, which is way too slow - haven't tried any other games yet.

There are 3 possibilities:
1.Wrong configuration/plugins or it's configuration for better graphic quality and in this way you loose speed
2.You're running too many programs that takes a lot of CPU power
3.The game is slow because of pcsx2/video plugin problem.

I get that speed(25-30) on my pc
Pages: 1 2 3 4