..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: (solved) Metal Gear Solid 3 graphic problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I need help because this problem is going to make me crazy.

Fist: sorry for my Tarzan-style english, I learn whit a combination of movies, music and games so I would try to make this short and simple.

I’m a fan of PCSX2 emulator and yesterday finally buy a PC who can handle it.
i7 920 (OC 3.0 because the stock cooler)
Radeon 4870
GSkill 6 Gb DDR3 1600
Asus P6T
(at this time I had not enough money for deluxe XD)

Installed PCSX 0.9.6, use the GSdx-sse4 890 plugin and I try to play… not work.
I mean works, start at 50-55 fps in the menu, in the introduction movie when the airplane appears drop to 45 fps, that’s ok, but when change the camera into the cabin… well… this:

[Image: sinttulod.png]

And the fps slow down massive to 10-15 fps for the rest of the game (except for some little moment when it fixed and crash again)

In game is awful slow, looks too bright and whit verticals lines:

[Image: sinttulo2r.png]

Also freeze when use the codec.
I change a lot of parameters, even at random just for desperation and…. nothing.

I try to Google this problem but I can’t find anything in Spanish and my limitations in your language don’t help my search so I open this thread.
Well, I give my PC specs, emu version and plugins, and for more information:

Windows Vista x86
Latest Catalyst drivers
DirectX mar2009
I try to play in software mode and works OK
at 35 fps… I don’t know if that help to find why happend.

Thanks for your help.
install the latest directx web update (like the error tells you to) then try again, zerogs does look nasty on MGS3
I install directx_mar2009_redist but doesn’t solve the problem.
Use DirectX Web Installer. It worked fine with me.Cool
Both are the same. Napalmguy... Does you had the same problem??
In fact yeah. I downloaded a rev of GSDX and it kept asking me to update DX runtime (even though I downloaded the latest) but when I tried the web installer it asked to install "Optional DX Components for SDK" and since then i hadn't any problems running GSDX. I'm not saying that he must install these components, I'm saying that this may fix your problem.
And yes, Gabest himself mentioned in a thread that it's preferable to use the web installer.
OK, thanks for the idea. I try web update but say I already have the latest version. I don’t know if it’s possible to uninstall direcx, maybe someday try reinstall windows.
PROBLEM SOLVED. The problem was the game itself, I use a PAL U Subsistence, I think is not compatible. I found a U version and works GREAT, 60-50 fps, THAKS PCSX2 team!!!
(05-04-2009, 02:30 PM)Queca Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks for the idea. I try web update but say I already have the latest version. I don’t know if it’s possible to uninstall direcx, maybe someday try reinstall windows.

iae meu velho ?!?!? seguinte, conseguiu rodar outros jogos??? tenho uma maquina parecida, os ultmos plugins e tudo mais, tenho varios problemas de desenho, mas a velocidade é excelente!!!conseguiu rodar outros jogos???

Ps: take a loof in this awsome page of the author : http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html ( click on "here") BiggrinNinja
(06-29-2009, 11:40 PM)FELIPEWHITEFIRE Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2009, 02:30 PM)Queca Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks for the idea. I try web update but say I already have the latest version. I don’t know if it’s possible to uninstall direcx, maybe someday try reinstall windows.

iae meu velho ?!?!? seguinte, conseguiu rodar outros jogos??? tenho uma maquina parecida, os ultmos plugins e tudo mais, tenho varios problemas de desenho, mas a velocidade é excelente!!!conseguiu rodar outros jogos???

Ps: take a loof in this awsome page of the author : http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html ( click on "here") BiggrinNinja

Read this topic, plz, and memorize what it says by heart: http://forums.pcsx2.net/announcement-1.html

Especially the fifth sentence.
Pages: 1 2