..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Horrible lag/fps playing ffx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently downloaded pcsx2, when i try to play ffx my fps drops down to 20fps at that point the game seems hardly playable, here is my config, i would greatly appreciate the help

(System Setup)
Windows XP SP3
AMD Sempron Processor 3100+ Dual Core, 1.81 ghz a core,
1.5GB of Ram
Nvidia Geforce 8600gts

PCSX2 setup
CPU, Speed Hacks, and Advanced settings are all set to default

I'm using GSdx 890 SSE2 0.1.14 (motherboard doesn't support SSE41 or SSE3
GSdx settings
Res- windowed
renderer D3D9(Hardware), Shader Pixel Shader 3, Interlace none, apect ratio Stretch, D3D internal res 1024 by 1024(tried native didn't help one bit) selected options, NLOOP Hack, Texture Filtering(tried disabling didn't help) Logarithmic Z, Alpha correction.

I'm using SPU2-X 1.1.0
setup, interpolation linear, module directsound, latency 98ms

I'm using P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0
settings set to default. (i'm using daemon tools to mount an iso) (I also used Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0. so i wouldn't need to mount the iso, but the fps stayed the same)

Sorry i listed everything, and didn't take snapshots but I wanted to explain my setup in detail.

I've played 2 other games perfectly they are Disgaea 2, and Soul Nomad, for some reason ffx is giving me a hard time Sad
Disgaea :-). Even D2 is one of the sijmpliest games here, and you CPU is wery weak. FF is 3d games with a lot of polygones and region-repeat texturing. You should turn on all speedhacks, and, maybe, use spunull sound.
Well looks like its time for me to buy a new pc Sad, my computer is 4 years old, being a pc gamer is hard lol, always have to upgrade. I tried the speedhacks, they brought up the fps by 2, anyway thanks for the help, I now know I need a stronger cpu.
I'd suggest trying the latest emulator beta for the VU cycle stealing hack, as well as trying out the GSDx 0.1.15
AMD sepron, aren't they single core's?