..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Fps drops from 60 to 15 constantly then it comes back up after 10-30secs.
Is this normal?

My laptop spec:
Wins Vista
Intel core due T7250 2.00GHz
3GB ram
Geforce 8600M GT

My ver of PCSX

anyone can help?
Your CPU is slow for the EMU. Please specify wich game exactly and what plugins are you using and what configuration. There are speedhacks too you know? Just post more info and we'll be able to help.

But mainly this is because of your CPU.
Quote:My Fps drops from 60 to 15 constantly then it comes back up after 10-30secs

It's your laptop's or OS's power management settings. Disable every one of them (bios/control panel) you can.
do u mean the battery settings or what other setting?

GSDX 890
DX9 shader 3 + Log Z + FBA + TF
Linuz ISO

Having alsmot all hack ticked.
And it happens to all the games.
Use gsdx directx.10 mode in your os vista and set native res in internal gsdx plugin or 800x800 max.
this will all ways happen on a laptop they just cant work with software emulation unless u spend £3000 on a good one and thats just pointless when u can build a better desktop for less
(05-08-2009, 07:08 PM)reaverx22 Wrote: [ -> ]this will all ways happen on a laptop they just cant work with software emulation unless u spend £3000 on a good one and thats just pointless when u can build a better desktop for less

Please do not spread crap Smile There are nice asus laptops for 1k$ which work great with pcsx2 Smile
(05-08-2009, 03:57 PM)cslee2001 Wrote: [ -> ]do u mean the battery settings or what other setting?

Yes, battery settings and stuff like that. I don't know what technologies your laptop supports/what technologies are enabled. Thus, you need to do some research yourself. But from the sympthoms I can tell your problem is caused by power management settings/processor throttling.
(05-08-2009, 07:08 PM)reaverx22 Wrote: [ -> ]this will all ways happen on a laptop they just cant work with software emulation unless u spend £3000 on a good one and thats just pointless when u can build a better desktop for less

Don't post false information.

Look at my laptop rig, (in sig) its got worse specs and runs FFX at full speeds(granted with speedhacks) and doesn't have any spikes like the ones cslee2001 is having (granted some spells does drop the fps).

Basically check your battery setting make sure its on High Performance and if you can disable speedstep in the bios (not all laptops can do this and it does waste more battery).

Also for your gsdx make sure your using SSSE3 version of gsdx.