..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII Help - Sound Skips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When playing FFXII the sound skips and sometimes lags a little bit like it's kinda in slow-mo. I am getting 30-60 FPS and the CPU usage never goes over 35%.

Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

I'm new to all this emulator stuff, but I learn fast. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Here's my info. If you need anything else, just ask.
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
2GB RAM
GeForce 8800GT
Windows XP SP3

PCSX2 0.9.6
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 (Tried ZEROgs 0.97.1 with no luck)
SPU2-X 1.1.0 (Tried other sound plugins with no luck)
Gigaherz's CDVD 0.7.0
BIOS USA v02.00
speed hacks can cause great sound distortion try using lower speeds since the higher the boost the worse the sound corruption inflicts and happens
No matter what the speed hack is set to, it still messes up the sound.

To anyone who has the game running flawlessly, would you mind sharing your plugins/settings?
try experimenting with diff sound plugins is all i can think of if the speed hacks aint the cause
Yeah that's what I've been doing, not much luck so far though. I've gotten it better, but it still isn't right.

Little off topic, but I was wondering if I should use the in-game saves or the save states on the emulator, and which one is more reliable so I don't lose my progress?
(05-13-2009, 10:05 AM)Bobby420 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that's what I've been doing, not much luck so far though. I've gotten it better, but it still isn't right.

Little off topic, but I was wondering if I should use the in-game saves or the save states on the emulator, and which one is more reliable so I don't lose my progress?

Have you tried the SPU2 sound plugin?

Save states can be unreliable so i recommend you save regularly on the memory card as well.
Yeah, that is what I have got the best results with so far, but it still isn't how it should be.

Thanks, I'll use them both just in case.
I switched to the new beta build and it has helped greatly. It stopped the problem during the gameplay, but it's still a little slow in the cut scenes, but it's playable.

@TheWoza, turning down the speed hacks did help with the cut scenes, thanks for that suggestion. When I tested it before I was doing gameplay tests, once I fixed that i moved onto the cutscenes and the speed hack was one of the bigger problems with that.

Thanks for trying to help guys! Much appreciated.