..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game that requires a lot of CPU power to emulate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone recommend a game for me to really test the performance of my new Core i7 running PCSX2? I had been playing (and will soon finish) Persona 3 and on my new hardware I am able to run the emulator with all speed hacks off and GSDX in DX10 software mode (5 threads) and still get no lower than 55 fps.
Shadow of the Colossus Tongue

Also, you may as well run 6 or 7 threads with the i7 to get those last 5 fps in for full speed.
Shadow of the Colossus is easy (just use the Vu Cycle Stealer hack). Try Xenosaga Episode I and you'll see what a demanding game is. Good luck.
(05-15-2009, 06:47 AM)rodiablo Wrote: [ -> ]Shadow of the Colossus is easy (just use the Vu Cycle Stealer hack). Try Xenosaga Episode I and you'll see what a demanding game is. Good luck.

Even with the VU Cycle steal, the game still does not run all that well on my system.
Need for speed games are very poorly optimized, might be because they are ported and the programmers didn't care as long as it ran.

MGS3 is also a *****, in the intro, the game itself is better.
Tekken 5 is also pretty demanding, although i haven't tested the game recently.

oh some good ones to try would be Armored Core games, those are slow Tongue2
However, I suppose ANY game is CPU demanding when you run it in software mode...
(05-15-2009, 08:37 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: [ -> ]Tekken 5 is also pretty demanding, although i haven't tested the game recently.

T5 runs at 25-30fps on a 2.2 with no speedhacks and 8600gt (not that demanding anymore)
(05-15-2009, 05:16 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2009, 08:37 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: [ -> ]Tekken 5 is also pretty demanding, although i haven't tested the game recently.

T5 runs at 25-30fps on a 2.2 with no speedhacks and 8600gt (not that demanding anymore)

thats less than half of full speed ;p

so based on that i'm guessing it'd need a ~4ghz c2d to run at full speed w/o hacks.
any game that needs that high of a requirement to run full speed is pretty demanding if you ask me...
Tekken5 seem i get around 60fps-50fps to me in directx.10 mode.
Pages: 1 2