..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 64 bit bugs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm using linux to run pcsx2 (compiled from source) on a 64 bit machine. It seems to work after I fixed this bug: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=225

However I tried playing 'Red Star', and it gets through the menus bit freezes in the main game intro sequence. The compatibility chart says it is 'playable'. Is that wrong or will I have more luck with a 32 bit build? If so how do I compile it in 32 bit mode?

Thanks.
It's windows compability list.Does not trust it. Test you build on something widesperead before, Final Fantasy, Persona, Disgea, Dark Cloud etc.
Ok, I've now given up on linux. The 64-bit build doesn't work for this game, and it is a massive pain to compile in 32 bit mode. Going to install windows on a spare partition.
Try to setup a 32bit chroot, it's not difficult.
And, the emulator works better in Windows, of course, but we should give Linux a try
Why don't you want to get linux 0.9.6 binary from main cite? it's already compiled.
(05-17-2009, 08:46 PM)Timmmm Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I've now given up on linux. The 64-bit build doesn't work for this game, and it is a massive pain to compile in 32 bit mode. Going to install windows on a spare partition.

As far as I know there is no 64 bit version of the emulator...
You could run 32-bit apps on 64-bit system, of course, if you have all dependant libaries in 32-bit variant. You don't need specific 64-bit executable.
I think that's what he was trying to do though. At least that's what it sounds like, but I could be reading things wrong.
No, he trying to cross-compile, which is harder job.