..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: metal gear solid 3 help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NOTE: read my whole post before replying.

PC specs:

[Image: fabqzp.jpg]

PCSX2 specs:
[Image: 34g0wm0.jpg]

[Image: 2eojptk.jpg]

YES i have 2.20 ghz i have seen that, that is my speed problem. what i want to know are my options. I do not want to risk crashing my computer by over clocking it too much so could you please list my options and it would be greatly appreciated

btw, I'm new to the siteMellow
In case of MGS3 you hardly have any options with these specs. I doubt speedhacks will help much, coz you either have to have: a) very fast processor to handle software rendering mode ; b) fast processor + good video card to handle hardware.
^
^
^
^
@Cain
Nice rig here cain you bought that rig in your siggy just now?
oh aight... dang... and i just sold my PS2 to make money for my PS3. crap. guess i cant play it. even if you lower the quality it will still be slow? cuz with my stuff it is barely slow bout 20fps when its fine for me at 30fps

know any way i could play it on another console? i got a PS3 (new 80gb aka no backwards compat.), an original xbox, and a wii
(05-21-2009, 02:03 AM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]^
^
^
^
@Cain

Bought it about a month ago, but didn't use coz I had to rearrange my workplace to install it correctly Smile
(05-21-2009, 02:55 AM)darkvoid Wrote: [ -> ]oh aight... dang... and i just sold my PS2 to make money for my PS3. crap. guess i cant play it. even if you lower the quality it will still be slow? cuz with my stuff it is barely slow bout 20fps when its fine for me at 30fps

know any way i could play it on another console? i got a PS3 (new 80gb aka no backwards compat.), an original xbox, and a wii

MGS3 currently has problems running even with 3,4 GHz. Maybe VU Cycle Stealing hack maxed out could help you but it may be gamebreaking.
Max out speedhacks, set all advanced stuff to Chop/None/Zero, try using DirectX10, set D3D internal res to something _less_ than game's native resolution... That may help somewhat.
(05-21-2009, 03:08 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2009, 02:03 AM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]^
^
^
^
@Cain

Bought it about a month ago, but didn't use coz I had to rearrange my workplace to install it correctly Smile
(05-21-2009, 02:55 AM)darkvoid Wrote: [ -> ]oh aight... dang... and i just sold my PS2 to make money for my PS3. crap. guess i cant play it. even if you lower the quality it will still be slow? cuz with my stuff it is barely slow bout 20fps when its fine for me at 30fps

MGS3 currently has problems running even with 3,4 GHz. Maybe VU Cycle Stealing hack maxed out could help you but it may be gamebreaking.
Max out speedhacks, set all advanced stuff to Chop/None/Zero, try using DirectX10, set D3D internal res to something _less_ than game's native resolution... That may help somewhat.
ok i'll try that. If it doesn't work, it may eventually come out on a blu-ray disk. cod3 did, so you never know. or the PSN store.

thanks again
ah! "Cain"...can you tell me : my spec
CPU : Dual Core 2,4 Ghz
RAM : 2 Gbs
Graphic Card : 9600Gt
can get MGS3 around ~50FPS or not. I used VU Cycle Stealing hack, the fps always said ~60fps but I see it very slow just like ~35fps...
I don't think you can get actual 50fps.