..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Does driver control panel AA/AF have any effect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does driver control panel AA/AF have any effect or is it only if I turn it on through the plug-ins?
(05-23-2009, 01:40 AM)Chris8282 Wrote: [ -> ]Does driver control panel AA/AF have any effect or is it only if I turn it on through the plug-ins?

correct, your control panel wont work for pcsx2. at least thats what i had been told when i started with this emulator.

although i never tried, but changing the settings in the emu work fine anyways, so never needed to
No, currently no GS plugin supports hardware AA or AF. However, if you have an nvidia, there's a way to use AA with GSDX, but only DX9, and you need nhancer. I don't know much about it, so don't ask me, wait for another person to give more info Tongue2.
There is a way to have AA in GSDX on any card Smile Increase D3D internal res and that's all.
(05-23-2009, 07:41 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: [ -> ]No, currently no GS plugin supports hardware AA or AF.

The good thing is: While it's a different story with AA, there is barely a thing which could stop AF from working in D3D or OGL applications. You can simply force AF in your graphics driver and it works. Example.

For Hardware AA und Nvidia cards read this guide. There's no option for ATi cards though.

(05-23-2009, 08:02 AM)kaszak696 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a way to have AA in GSDX on any card Smile Increase D3D internal res and that's all.

Btw: At the same time with increasing the resolution you'll get an AF effect and less texture flickering. Quadruple the resolution for 4x AF (in comparison to the original resolution).
I can enable AA just fine. I was just wondering if I can take it past 16xAA (through control panel) once computers can do it.

Anyway plans for adding anisoptric filtering (not just increasing resolution)?