..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: working it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi im new to this but i got pcsx2 to work but its really etch y
i have an intel centron 2.70 ghz cpu 1gb ram
the pcsx2 will work but not very smoothly and it says rom2 error and erom error

any help is greatly appreciated
Can post your plugin setting and graphic card ?
rom2 and erom is the Bios stuff. This cause no problem to PCSX2 run.

(Intel Centrio should only got 1 core [correct me is I'm wrong])
I don't know what you meat to say by centron, there isn't a processor by that name, Its either Centrino or Celeron
If its a single core cpu then there is no hope in the case of getting good speed.
you shouldn't worry about erom
(05-26-2009, 08:27 AM)redlof Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what you meat to say by centron, there isn't a processor by that name, Its either Centrino or Celeron
If its a single core cpu then there is no hope in the case of getting good speed.
you shouldn't worry about erom

I think he refers to centrino?Blink
with 2.70GHz, and 1GB Ram, that's very likely a single core, and if that's the case, it doesn't matter whether it's "centrino" or "celeron", there's not much to do... and AFAIK, Centrino isn't a CPU name... it's a mobile tech... isn't it?
Centrino is just a branding that Intel licenses out to laptop vendors or something. It requires them to use an Intel chipset, an Intel processor, and an Intel wireless card.
KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:Centrino is just a branding that Intel licenses out to laptop vendors or something. It requires them to use an Intel chipset, an Intel processor, and an Intel wireless card.

I agree. This is probably a single core PC, so don't expect to get much performance out of pcsx2...
I did use pcsx2 on a P4 2.8 GHz... and it's... kinda... well, there are no words to describe that... (yeah, i AM a sstates lover Tongue).
hmmm, this guy has 2 threads (with different names), but probably with the same problem Blink