..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Upcoming version of PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all. I'm new to these boards, but I'm not entirely new to pcsx2. I tested out this emulator a few years back on this laptop, disappointed with the resulting speed.
I've come back from time to time to check on the progress, and I have to say, I'm quite impressed. I'm still using the same "gaming" laptop however, so I don't think there would be any point in running this emulator again on it.

I am interested however in building a new PC. I've found several helpful threads on this board to start me off, but I was wondering if I should just wait until the next version of PCSx2 is released. A completely new cross-platform GUI sounds like a major update.

Can I expect significant speed and compatibility improvements that may reduce the cost of the computer parts I'd need to collect? Could I even perhaps run this new version on my laptop?

I've got an Intel Centrino duo (My system specs say Core 2 CPU, T5300, 1.73 GHz), an Nvidia GeForce Go 7600, 2 GB of RAM, and Vista.

I remember last time I tried it out, I got Front Mission 5 to run at about 15-20 fps, which isn't all that fun. I didn't really have a clue as to what I was doing though, so perhaps my configurations were just terrible.
the processor speed is way to slow for emulator tu run in playable speeds most of the games
Your RAM is fine but you can just forget about that CPU. It just won't do (im not sure about that NVIDIA 7600 but i think the emulator gets it's power mainly from the CPU so you should just be fine with that graphic card i guess... ). You may wanna try speed hacks but i don't think that'll be a solution for you. I got a Q9550 2,83GHZ (4 CPU) and i sometimes can't get full speed on games without speed hacks. With speed hacks ON i can get much more fps than what i needed but i will also get more bugs/random crashes. If your thinking on buying a computer for playing pcsx2 majorly i think the only thing you need to do is upgrade your CPU and that's it =).
Check your cpu socket and mainboard - especially northbridge to get to know what other intel mobile processors are capable of running on this laptop. Maybe there's a chance to install better cpu.
New versions of PCSX2 dont work like that... next version could be even slower for the sake of compatibility for all we know.
Yeah as Shadow Lady says, new versions aren't garanteed to be faster.
Our main focus is compatibility first, then speed second.

In the event that a proper fix for something is super-slow and rarely used, we usually consider a speedhack to turn the accurate-way off, because we know pcsx2 is already demanding as it is (this is the nature of emulating a beast like the ps2)
I have a similar rig (check sig), and i run FFX at full speeds, you will need to use all speed hacks though.

Only thing is your gpu doesn't support DX10 which is a shame.

I don't have front mission 5 and i am not sure how demanding it is, but best to just try it out yourself. Just make sure you have configured pcsx2 properly.
i have a tip for those who run pcsx2 w/ 15-20fps

sorry for bad english...!
i think it all up to your Os/operating system
im using ninja style windows exp.. and irun KH2 w/ 60 fps speed hack on..
just try it
DUAl CORE 2.0
1gb memory
1gb video card 8500
just try it!
What are you talking about, SoraX? No OS optimization fixes too slow hardware.
And no, I won't "just try it", it's too silly.
(06-10-2009, 11:12 AM)SoraX Wrote: [ -> ]i have a tip for those who run pcsx2 w/ 15-20fps

sorry for bad english...!
i think it all up to your Os/operating system
im using ninja style windows exp.. and irun KH2 w/ 60 fps speed hack on..
just try it
DUAl CORE 2.0
1gb memory
1gb video card 8500
just try it!

Well no offense but it's ridiculously ridiculous that installing WinXP would increase the FPS from 15-20 to 60. Regardless of "Ninja" style or "Samurai" style or w/e
Pages: 1 2