..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low Framerate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm experiencing slowdowns in many of my games run off a DVD, and I have no clue why. I've been playing around with the settings for about 2 hours with no luck. My pc is a Core i7 920 @ 3.33 GHZ, an Nvidia GTX 280, and 6 GB of ram. My fps ranges from 25 - 45, and only hits 60 for less than a second.

The graphical plugin I'm using is GSdx 0.1.15 running in DX10 Hardware mode and native internal res.

The DVD plugin is PEOps CDVD 1.3.0.

CPU configuration has EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, and multi threaded checked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try making a iso of the dvd and use Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 or 0.9.0.
(06-14-2009, 03:40 AM)seinfeldx Wrote: [ -> ]Try making a iso of the dvd and use Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 or 0.9.0.

What is generally better? Using Linuz Iso or mounting the image and running as a disc with Gigaherz?
(06-14-2009, 05:17 AM)CrimsonLiquidLife Wrote: [ -> ]What is generally better? Using Linuz Iso or mounting the image and running as a disc with Gigaherz?

performance and compatibility wise it should be equivalent, but in general: the more steps involved, the more chances for problems. so i'd favor linuziso. i haven't experienced a single issue with linuziso so far.
With the gsdx plugin make sure you have chosen the SSE41 plugin and not the default SSE2.
I hear gigaherz cdvd is faster when playing from disk.
The general problem remains though: PC drives are bad for this kind of task.
Just rip the games to .iso, and play from those.