..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: The real low down on Mortal Kombat Armageddon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing I seem to do is making these fights run any smoother. I know it's possible, I've seen videos on Youtube of a guy playing it at break neck speed. Maybe even FASTER than it's supposed to be. Is processor is clocked no higher than mine really. Only difference is that it's an Intel. Adjusting the graphics doesn't help or hurt; it's no slower on higher res than native, and texture filtering makes no difference. I'm using every speed hack there is, tried every combination. None break the game but none help. I guess my real question is why a beefy frame skip isn't the cure all I want it to be. There's gotta be something to do. I'll look for some specs other people have run it perfect with (on older versions) and you can compare them to mine yourself.

Later...

What guy uses: [email protected]/9600gt/2gb ram
gsdx 0.1.8 sse3 754

He also says: fraps -turn on vu skip mode! use pcsx2 vu skip!

I've never so much as opened Fraps before. Does it have a vu skip of it's own? Is this my solution??

I BARELY run it better than this guy: It never goes above 20-26FPS.My Specs c2D e4400 @ 2GHz,1 GB ram,MSI 8800GT

This guy runs it perfect with 16x AA: C2D6420 OCed@3Ghz, 2GM Ram@800MHz and a Radeon HD 4870. PCSX2 0.9.4 with ZeroGS 0.97.1 and VU Skip Game runs almost full speed.

I've feeling conspired against Sad
Not clocked higher than yours? it's got 1GHz over your machine :o
I have e4500 @ 3.05GHz and 9800GT and it runs smooth (rarely with small FPS drops). Since you got a similar PC you should be able to run it good but you need to overclock your CPU. Use Dx10 it runs better on it, and try some of the latest revisions of GSDX, no need for using VU Skip.
Also consider core 2 duos have an about 20-30% clock to clock advantage over their Athlon X2 counterparts, so a C2D at 2 Ghz would perform like an Athlon X2 at 2,6 Ghz....
Plus videos on youtube could very easily be sped up to full speed,so if you don't see an FPS reading it doesn't mean it is actually running at the speed you see
(06-14-2009, 08:59 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Not clocked higher than yours? it's got 1GHz over your machine :o

I'm at 3.11... AMD sure.. but certainly not 2.0.
Ah i read that wrong first xD

Why dont you use a older beta or the stable 0.9.6 to use VU Skip?
I might have started out with 0.9.6. and tried with the beta. Don't remember. I can give it another shot tho.
I got it to work. I went back to the old, use VU skip (all of which I've tried...) I just skip 3 frames for ever 1 I render lol... Honestly, it could be worse. Thanx lady.