..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Will pcsx2 runs on my pc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to have a desktop pc like the specs below

Quote:• AMD© Phenom X4 9650 Processor (2.3GHz / 4 MB Cache)
• AMD© 780G Chipset
• 2GB DDR2 Memory
• 320GB SATA2 Hard Drive
• ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 Integrated Graphic
• Integrated 10 / 100 / 1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet
• Integrated High-Definition audio with 7.1-channel audio
• 40-in-1 Card Reader
• 1 x PCI Express® 2.0 X1 Slot, and 1 x PCI Express® 2.0 X16 Slot

Will it runs? Like having decent FPS or so? Thanks!
your gpu get limit, mostly you will play with native res, your cpu is fair, for 2d games or light 3d games like KH, FFX you can play in good fps/full fps with all of hack (speedhacks, vucycle stealing, vuskip).
Yeah, that integrated graphics card is garbage. Get a dedicated GPU to throw in one of your PCI-Express slots and you'll be good to go for PS2 emulation and general gaming.
Alright, thanks for the replies.
Once I got the system ready I'll post up the results Smile

Hmm...I plan to get the graphics card next month, any suggestions? As long it's not too expensive x-x;
Are you prefer to ATI or Nvidia? If ATI then take HD.4770 if Nvidia then take 9600Gt.
Any much different between ATI and Nvidia? I see from the pricelist that I found, and it seems Nvidia is bit cheaper than ATI's?

But thanks for the reply tho Smile
"it seems Nvidia is bit cheaper than ATI's"

The contrary.
4770 is close to 4850 and GTS250 ( aka 9800gtx), but it can overclock like crazy to a performance between 4850 and 4870, if i am not mistaken 9600 is nowhere close to this 3 cards. its spends at least less 30w than 4850, gts250 is more power demanding than 4850.
your U is better than my AMD 4400+.
I can play FFX FFX-2 FFXII GOW1,2 KH KH2..................
so all of the game would played on you computer..............
(06-20-2009, 04:22 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: [ -> ]"it seems Nvidia is bit cheaper than ATI's"

The contrary.

Hello,

I spent alot of time looking at this when I bought my computer, ATI is less money, their Catalyst Control Center is cool but for less of a video card, I got the Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT with 1 Gigabyte Grapics memory for $75 (US). Also your CPU is a little slow, I wouldn't recomend overclocking it (I have a cousin who works with CPUs). I'd get 2.8 GHz!

Bye!
Pages: 1 2