..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Failed Creating Mastering Voice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everyone
whenever load an iso file on my pcsx2, before it starts it says this SPU2-X System Message that says "Failed creating mastering voice: 0X13F6C0". I've read elsewhere to run as an administrator to fix the problem, but i'm the only user on my computer. What do I do?
right click -> run as administrator
When I right click it says run as, but then it says run as current user or the following user, no administrator. Does it have to do with me runnning XP?
yes, the "run as administrator" fix only applies to those poor vista users Laugh

try checking the official spu2-x thread here for help with that error message.
oh darn... so am i stuck with this problem?
Do you have full rights on that user? or are you a limited user account? If the latter, you will need to create a new user account with admin rights.
yeah, it says that my account type is a computer administrator
(06-23-2009, 01:55 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have full rights on that user? or are you a limited user account? If the latter, you will need to create a new user account with admin rights.

and i always thought that a single account win xp always creates this single account with admin rights, but sure, it won't hurt to check the account type. anything's possible on windows Wink
do you have a sound card?
Go into SPU2-X config and change the XAudio2 selection to DirectSound.

XAudio2 support should work on XP, but doesn't always since it's not built into the OS and is only reliable if you have the correct installs of DirectX and a soundcard driver that supports it. In any case, DirectSound is nearly as good on XP so you're not missing out on anything by switching to it.
Pages: 1 2