..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Multi-language game hangs on Language Selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got shadows of the colossus pal version but it seems to hang on the first screen (language selection). What can I do? I checked and my buttons are enabled is this a ROM issue? The emulator does not report any errors. Any toughts on this?
Thanks in advance.
i'd first try another pad plugin, just to be really sure that it's not my button config Laugh

well, if that doesn't help, you'll have to provide more info: specs, versions and configuration of your pcsx2/plugins.
(06-23-2009, 02:46 AM)zero29 Wrote: [ -> ]i'd first try another pad plugin, just to be really sure that it's not my button config Laugh

well, if that doesn't help, you'll have to provide more info: specs, versions and configuration of your pcsx2/plugins.
Thanks for the info, well I checked the buttons and tested them with the tools provided in the config menu Im using the last version of theemulator 0.9.6
input is a DX Generic USB joystick presing start returns 1 on the right button on joystick test. im using DirectX input, and Ive used this joy for a psI emulator so I know it works. What else can I provide as info?
Hangs on PAL Multi5/6 language selectors is somewhat common, and can *sometimes* be fixed by enabling or disabling the IOP's Sync Hack in the Hacks dialog box.
(06-23-2009, 03:44 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]Hangs on PAL Multi5/6 language selectors is somewhat common, and can *sometimes* be fixed by enabling or disabling the IOP's Sync Hack in the Hacks dialog box.

Ive tried it with no luck Im getting a english only version of the game.
I had a black screen hang with Ico. Switching both clamp modes in the "Advanced" options all the way to the right fixed the issue.
(06-23-2009, 08:05 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a black screen hang with Ico. Switching both clamp modes in the "Advanced" options all the way to the right fixed the issue.

i have to start both ico and SotC via "run->execute" to get these games to run, otherwise they both only show a black screen.
(06-23-2009, 11:51 PM)zero29 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2009, 08:05 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a black screen hang with Ico. Switching both clamp modes in the "Advanced" options all the way to the right fixed the issue.

i have to start both ico and SotC via "run->execute" to get these games to run, otherwise they both only show a black screen.

Yeah, that too. I would hang on some of the ingame vids, too. I haven't gotten terribly far into the game yet, I'm trying to beat Shadow of the Colossus first. I want to play these games in their chronological order so I can get the full idea of the story.