..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Running Pcsx2 on Mac via bootcamp; FFX & FFX-2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that there have been numerous similar posts, but i searched and could not find one that fit my computer specs. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me. I'm running the latest version of PCSX2 via Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro with the following specs:

2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
4GB memory
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor with 512MB GDDR3 memory
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor

Both FFX and FFX-2 run fine most of the time, but in areas lag down to 40 fps. Also, i can't seem to enable anti-aliasing with any plugin, or billinear filtering with ZeroGS, resulting in lots of jagged edges and crappy textures. Is this due to my computer not having the right specs, and also, what should I do to run the games as smoothly as possible? Right now I am running the following plugins:

ZeroGS 0.97.1
LilyPad 0.9.9
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
SPU2-X 1.1.0

Thanks in advance for any help!
anyone? please?
Did you tried Mac version of PCSX2?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-61.html
The impression i got from the forums was that it doesn't work as well as the pc version, so i decided to try that first. Im trying to figure out the mac version now, but, regardless, I'd still like to know if the problems I've been having are related to my hardware specs, or if I'm just doing something wrong overall. So, pretending that I'm using a pc, what do i need to do to get everything to run smoothly?
well, pretending that you're using a pc, upgrade everything to the latest beta revisions and try gsdx. activate all/some speed hacks. that's it. also keep in mind that mobile computers are not the best choice for pcsx2. i have no idea why you are unable to activate certain features in the gfx plugins, what exactly prevents you from e.g. enabling filtering or anti aliasing?
I run FFX on my macbook pro the best with GSdx 890 SSE41 v0.1.14
I have very few graphical errors, and it works great and looks better than my old crt tv if I set the resolution to the native 1440x900. I do have a slightly faster processor than yours, but I'm confident you can still do this.
SoundChaos can I ask you your pcsx config ? because I have a Macbook pro but I can't run FFX-2 as well as my mac can really do ... I have a lot of graphic bugs and most of the time, I can't see the field ... I begin to ask me if my bootcamp doesn't have a problem =/

My mac :

T9800 Intel Core 2 Duo 2,93GHz
4GB DDR3 Memory (But XP 32Bits can only see around 3GB)
9400M GT + 9600M GT

My pcsx2 :

- Graphic GSdx 1584 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15
- Sound ZeroSPU2
- Cdvd Gigaherz's CDVD 0.7.0

Thx in advance for your answer Smile
I installed Windows XP SP3 on a friends iMac from middle 2006 who plays FF X / Kingdom Hearts with latest GDsx with 0.9.6 at full speed.
It has like...2.14 GHz with 3 GB RAM.

Btw: The pcsx2 mac stuff is pretty nice...but you can't really say anything in playable in there...it's slow and it crashes all the time.
Unfortunatelly it can't use DirectX components so it uses ZeroGS which has lots of grafic errors...sadly.

As for you Macbook / Macbook Pro users.
You can try updating your drivers with a mobility modder...maybe?