..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PROBLEM: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cannot figure out the problem with this plugin. I have it configured correctly to the guide, compressed the file, got the dump checked, I have it looking in the right place for the .iso...when I go to execute I get a black screen and it crashes. I tested the plugin and it said it was fine.

I've tried burning the .iso to a disc and have it read from there, same problem.

Any suggestions?
Would you mind giving us your system specs please, and what game are you trying to play btw.Also you may wanna try the 0.9.0 linuz iso. That may work =)
System Specs
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
3GB RAM
nVidia Geforce 8400 GS

I'm trying to play the first Dark Cloud...and I had no idea there was another version of the plugin out. Where can I get it? I'll definitely try that
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Click on "plugins as of 15 may" blabla. then downlaod that rar file and inside you will find one CDVDisor1169 (i think thats the 0.9.0 linuz iso, if not then i'm sory for my incompetence and you will just have to wait for some1 to give you the right link =X). I have just tried that game with 0.9.0 and its working just fine. =)
Alright, so put the new plugin in and I have a new message now:

"An unhandeled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:

Out of memory!

Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file."

Excuse my ignorance but I don't even know where to find the emuLog.txt, so can't go into more detail
(07-03-2009, 12:35 AM)Hoxist Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot figure out the problem with this plugin. I have it configured correctly to the guide, compressed the file, got the dump checked, I have it looking in the right place for the .iso...when I go to execute I get a black screen and it crashes. I tested the plugin and it said it was fine.

I've tried burning the .iso to a disc and have it read from there, same problem.

Any suggestions?

why did you burn it to a disc, don't you own the original disc to try?
Quote:why did you burn it to a disc, don't you own the original disc to try?

That is really not your business,we are not here to find out if people are pirating or not. If they admit it,we do not give support but we do not use questions such as that to force them to. Stop witch hunting or I will have to warn you.

Hoxist describe how exactly you are running the game currently so we can help
Alright, here is the config that I'm using:

Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSEE2) 0.1.14
First Controller: LilyPad 0.9.9
CDVDROM: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Second Controller: Lilypad 0.9.9
DEV 9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0

And lastly my Bios: USA v01.6

As far as I'm aware I have both my directories set up properly. Now, just to clarify my understanding, I have no need to mount my .iso with the Linuz plugin, it takes it directly from the folder?

I did compress it to the .Z, but now I'm wondering if compressing it at all was a good idea, or maybe go to .BZ instead.

So after I've configured the Linuz, just go to Run==>Execute. My BIOS starts up correctly, showing me the Sony Computer Entertainment, then it goes black and gives me the error message that you saw.

So memory leads me to the conclusion that the memory cards are perhaps not formatted or whatever...? I have no idea what I'm talking about on that subject. Or maybe perhaps because I have it wrongly compressed...which I am experimenting with now.
Linuz ISO can read an iso file directly,so no kind of mounting needed. Just configure it and select the iso of your game and it's set. Compressing has almost no effect on performance and saves some space,it's a nice feature.
You should always run games via File->Run CD/DVD,try that
Yeah, I tried File==>Run CD/DVD...same message. Where can I find the emuLog.txt file? Maybe that will give me more insite onto what the problem is. Though I don't know if this will help, is there any way to format the memory cards or something?
Pages: 1 2