..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: megaman x8 slow down after start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am trying to load megaman x8
The game seems to load normally , but when i start to the actually game play action my frame rate goes from 60 to 13. i have adjusted and changed all different settings but at best i could get is 26 fps .
i dont know what to do to speed it back to 60fps.

here is my hardware setup on my inspiron 1525:
intel : core 2 duo 2.0 ghz t6400( mmx,sse,sse2,sse3,sse4.1)
ram = 4gb
graphics= intel 965 8gb

pcsx2 0.9.6. settings

graphics= gsdx890(msvc 15.00,sse41)0.1.14
windowed-direct3d9(software)-pixel shader 3.0- no interlacing- 16:9
nloop hack- yes| texture filtering -yes | alpaha correction - yes

sound = p.e.ops. spu 1.9.0
bios v02.00(SCPH-70012)
Areyou running the game from the disc? try making an ISO of the game and running it from there, also try checking the "native" option in GSdx.
(07-11-2009, 08:05 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Areyou running the game from the disc? try making an ISO of the game and running it from there, also try checking the "native" option in GSdx.

yes actually i was running it from the disc ...is that bad ?
(07-11-2009, 04:04 PM)shadowfire36 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2009, 08:05 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Areyou running the game from the disc? try making an ISO of the game and running it from there, also try checking the "native" option in GSdx.

yes actually i was running it from the disc ...is that bad ?

no, but it's usually slower than running the game as an iso image directly from your hdd. also try the latest betas but don't expect much, your integrated gpu is very weak for pcsx2 emulation.
Im afraid you wont win this one, being a laptop, not a very powerful one at that, you arent going to achieve full speed.

only advice i can give you is get the latest beta of PCSX2 and play around with the options under Config->Speedhacks, especially the VU Cycle Stealing hack
and aditionally, the Intel integrated graphics are REALLY bad with cel-shaded games, so bad that with a better gpu than yours (not wildly, of course, is still intel ¬¬) I only got 2 FPS with a game of that kind, and got 30 FPS at max in the very first part of SMT: nocturne, another cel shaded game
the best suggestion that I can make to you is to play the game in Software Renderer, sometimes it helps when the GPU is very weak
(07-12-2009, 02:42 AM)marche1990 Wrote: [ -> ]and aditionally, the Intel integrated graphics are REALLY bad with cel-shaded games, so bad that with a better gpu than yours (not wildly, of course, is still intel ¬¬) I only got 2 FPS with a game of that kind, and got 30 FPS at max in the very first part of SMT: nocturne, another cel shaded game
the best suggestion that I can make to you is to play the game in Software Renderer, sometimes it helps when the GPU is very weak

well i ran it from my pc

it runs a quad core amd phenom 2.3 and im getting the same results , the pc has a 128mb integrated nvida nforce card

can some one gimme an example of there settings ? that way i no what working specs look like as a reference.

also where do i play with the software render?
currently pcsx2 uses 2 cores max, so the quad core won't help you much, it's also an amd, they usually perform slower in pcsx2 than their intel counterparts. but the huge bottleneck will again be the integrated gpu. just follow refractions advice, if the betas and the speed hacks don't help, try setting gsdx to "directx 9 (software)" and "sw rend. threads" to 3.