..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Hey guys, couple quick questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just started using the emulator and I think I have most of it figured out pretty well. I have a couple of questions about graphics though.

First one is: With either GSdx or ZeroGS, how do I know I am running at the resolution I want? I want to run my games fullscreen at 1080p. When I select D3D 10 hardware in my GSdx config, I start out in a windows running in what I think to be the game's native res. I can hit either Shift + F9 or alt enter to bring the game into fullscreen, but it looks like it is just being stretched. I set my config to 1920 x 1080 internal res in the settings, but the resolution option at the top I can only change when using D3D 9. It is grayed out in 10.

For ZeroGS, I am not sure either. The games are running great, I just need to know how I can tell my resolutions are running right. Any advice?

Thanks guys
just use 1920x1080 as "d3d internal res" and maximize the window/go fullscreen, the top resolution option only sets the size of the output window, but it has no effect on the rendering quality, only the "d3d internal res" has. for zerogs choose 1920x1080 as "default window size" and enable "anti aliasing", 4x or 8x is probably enough.
thanks a lot. By the way, can you set custom configs for specific games?

PS how do games run with your 4870 zero?
you are probably thinking about a tool like "pcsx2launcher". with it you can save the complete settings of pcsx2 and plugins for each game.

most games run fine, the final fantasies especially. for metal gear solid 3 i need at least some "vu cycle stealing" enabled, but then it's also stable @60fps&1920x1080. only shadow of the colossus is so demanding that i have to enable both the "ee snyc hack" and "vu cycle stealing" to achieve playable speeds.
A 4870 is good enough to run most any ps2 game you could throw at it.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what clock speeds it has, and amount of memory, bit depth to it, and DDR version? (sorry for the questions, thinking of upgrading soon)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...70&x=0&y=0

Chipset Manufacturer: ATI
Core Clock: 750MHz
Stream Processors: 800 Stream Processing Units
Memory Clock: 900 MHz, 3.6Gbps
DirectX: DirectX 10.1
HDMI: 1 (via Adapter)
DVI: 2
TV-Out: HDTV / S-Video Out
Also remember that on pcsx2, CPU power is more important than GPU =] I think a 4870 is more than enough for most games (this also deppends on the resolution you want to play)
(07-17-2009, 01:21 AM)dotHack Wrote: [ -> ]Also remember that on pcsx2, CPU power is more important than GPU =] I think a 4870 is more than enough for most games (this also deppends on the resolution you want to play)

Oh, ok thanks that I did not know