..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pcsx2 and Microsoft Commands Line...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, if we want to play PS2 game with pcsx2, first we have to run pcsx2 application.Then have some configs for it... --> File --> Run CD/DVD!!!
And, let me ask? If i want to create a batch file(*.bat) that run PS2 game with pcsx2 but without excute pcsx2 application(I have pcsx2 configed). I mean the batch file did it for me. I just excute the batch file and run game just like a shortcut of a PC game...???
That's fascinating. Run "pcsx2-r1550 -help" on CMD window that produce nothing, tried other parameters just pops up the emu window. I doubt something secrets behind it.
Or you could just make a shortcut that automatically runs the game? Isn't it just the same thing?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8609.html
I mean, we uses the batch file to run game(by pcsx2). But without excute pcsx2 application, thing will make appear Pcsx2 Main menu...
Example : I want to play Final Fantasy XII. First, I run Pcsx2 app and have some configs for this game --> File --> Run...But I want to create a batch file (FinalFantasyXII.bat) ... Double click"FinalFantasyXII.bat" --> and play...won't make appear Pcsx2 Main menu.
Does Pcsx2 app have any parameters to do so...
Can't do what I mean with this file ...
Run.bat
@echo off
start C:\Program" "Files\Pcsx2\pcsx2-0.9.6.exe
pause
just make the batch file similar to the icon above, however id recommend using the shortcut method instead of batch files, due to the start in directories
I compiled PCSX2 r1553 trunk by Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition With SP1, produced the emu pcsx2-r1550.exe with its plugins. But pcsx2-r1550.exe didn't work as expected and tossed me an error.
[attachment=20100]

Once only replace the emu executable with official beta pcsx2-beta-1474.exe, it worked as it should be.

I dunno if Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition With SP1 isn't sufficient cause this issue, I don't wanna install that big Visual Studio Team System 2008.

BTW, the ESC hack to fully exit PCSX2 won't work in this case the ISO directly played.
(07-24-2009, 10:46 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]I compiled PCSX2 r1553 trunk by Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition With SP1, produced the emu pcsx2-r1550.exe with its plugins. But pcsx2-r1550.exe didn't work as expected and tossed me an error.

Once only replace the emu executable with official beta pcsx2-beta-1474.exe, it worked as it should be.

I dunno if Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition With SP1 isn't sufficient cause this issue, I don't wanna install that big Visual Studio Team System 2008.

BTW, the ESC hack to fully exit PCSX2 won't work in this case the ISO directly played.

Er...thread hijack much?

I was able to compile the latest SVN with Visual C++ 2008 express just fine...maybe you forgot a step?
Well, I mean. Only for command line usage. The pcsx2-r1550.exe I compiled worked well except for using command line like this.
Quote:R:\PCSX2_0.9.6>pcsx2-r1550 G:\PS2ISO\FFX_INT.ISO -bootmode 1

But with official beta pcsx2-beta-1474.exe, the command line works.
Quote:R:\PCSX2_0.9.6>pcsx2-beta-1474 G:\PS2ISO\FFX_INT.ISO -bootmode 1
Ah ok. It's way too late right now (230 AM here), but I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can repeat your results.
Found pcsx2-r1493 I compiled earlier and tested it worked from command line. Also compiled and tested pcsx2-r1569 a sec ago didn't work too.

That must be a bug. I'll stay with pcsx2-r1493 until bug fixed.

Yet another command line I've discovered.
Directly Enter BIOS.
Quote:R:\PCSX2_0.9.6>pcsx2-r1493m -bootmode 0

Directly Enter GAME, same as File -> Run CD/DVD.
Quote:R:\PCSX2_0.9.6>pcsx2-r1493m -bootmode 1
Pages: 1 2