..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Tales of The Abyss [NTSC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
# Pcsx2 version: PCSX2 Beta 1474
# Cpu: EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS, Frame Limited
# Game Fixes: VU Add Hack
# Speed Hacks: 2x Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack
# Plugins used: GSdx 1479 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15 DX10 mode, ZeroSPU2 r 1455 0.4.6, LilyPad svn (r 1388) 0.10.0, Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
# Description: Alpha blending of billboarded particles fails at odd angles; the first skit after a loading sequence is fine, any after that get a really distorted background that makes text difficult to read. If it helps to know, the GSDX10 plugin that comes with the official 9.6 release does not have these problems on my machine. The plugin does the same thing in both DX9 and DX10 modes.

Relevent Machine specs: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, XFX Geforce 9600 GT Alpha Dog edition. Video driver version: nVidia 186.18. Operating System Windows 7 RC fully updated minus the video and sound drivers (I always go to manufacturer sites for those).
have you tryed disabling speed hacks ?
(08-03-2009, 01:17 AM)Darkj Wrote: [ -> ]have you tryed disabling speed hacks ?

Speed hacks didn't make any difference at all. Actually the speed hacks have an odd role in that game, on the world map they cause stutter when turning the camera, but in towns and dungeons they are the difference of 40fps and 60fps.

--

I tried copying over GSdx 890 and I can confirm in the beta listed in my first posting the problem is gone, so it appears to be something with the GSdx plugin. Also the thing with speed hacks I mention above doesn't manifest nearly as bad in the beta version with GSdx 890, but is much worse with GSdx 1479 than it was on the pcsx 9.6 release. Perhaps a render state isn't being set that the game requires?
i get the same problems with the new beta
i have a few version of PCSX2 compiled on my computer
so far the most stable version i have seen for this game would have to be
pcsx2pg-vtlb-681

with this i get about 100% in world map, with occasional frame drop lag
about 80-90% in cities and dungeons
and 70-90% in battles

so far with the new beta though, using the speed hacks i have noticed a great improvement in speed in cities and dungeons, and a little bit in battle though i have not had enough time to fully test that since my charcters kill the enemy to soon.
but i do suffer greatly on the world map which is why im sticking to using pcsx2pg-vtlb-681, and if i need a speed upgrade for a little bit then i just copy my memory cards to back them up and use the new beta.
anyways if you find a better configuration then share :)
I have the same problem. The background of skit became distorted colors. I'm using the latest beta 1713 and the latest gsdx plug-in in DX10 mode.
I'm not sure if there's any work-around for it.
Another Bug, Emulator crashes right at the end of Asch's Rending Saber Mystic Arte.
im bumping this old thread but its related

skitts with GSDX 1650 and above
[Image: bug01z.th.jpg]

skitts with GSDX 1406
[Image: bug02z.th.jpg]

so if you want to have skitts fixed, use older gsdx
im using the newer beta r1888
so far its pretty stable
my only problem is sometimes the audio crosses and the game crashes?

Example: ill be in the world map, and then enter a new area, the audio from the world map will keep playing even though im in this new area. and shortly afterwards itll crash.

Example 2: ill be on the world map, and suddenly enter a battle, the music from the world map is the only thing i would hear and i would not hear any of the battle music. in the middle of the battle it would crash.

anyone know how to fix this?
Turn off Speed Hacks/ VU Cycle Stealing or max. 1.
Bogus bug report
Closed