..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem with running games, only getting 30-35 FPS with decent PC config.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I don't know where the problem is, but it does not matter what graphic plugin I use, what settings, I only get ~30-35 fps ingame. Sometimes Tekken 5's graphic goes upside down under the fight.

My PC config is:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750+ Black Edition OC'ed to 3.0Ghz
Memory: 3GB DDR2 800Mhz
Video card: NViDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB

I tried the 0.9.6 version and the 1474 Beta as well, with the latest plugins available. The Tekken 5 I'm using is NTSC version (SLUS). The same thing happens with Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World PAL version. The framerate only stays at ~30-35 fps. The second thing is PCSX2 only uses ~60% of my processor (80-90% of core1 and 20-30% of core2).

What should I do to run these games at some decent (55-60) FPS ? Thank you in advance for the advices.
can you post your complete PCSX2 config? CPU, Advanced, Speedhacks, Game Fixes, GSDX, Sound?

the cpu usage is about normal, core 1 should be maxed really, where core 2 varies depending on what gsdx requires.
(08-04-2009, 03:49 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]can you post your complete PCSX2 config? CPU, Advanced, Speedhacks, Game Fixes, GSDX, Sound?

the cpu usage is about normal, core 1 should be maxed really, where core 2 varies depending on what gsdx requires.

Sure, here it is(PCSX2 1474)

Advanced Settings:
[Image: advanced_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

CPU:
[Image: cpu_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

Game fixes:
[Image: gamefixes_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

Graphics:
[Image: graphics_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

Sound:
[Image: sound_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

Speed Hacks:
[Image: speedhacks_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]
I have the same problem, except Budokai 3 i get about 38-42 FPS (PAL) and i have a significantly worse PC then you....Im a noob so im not sure why
Tekken 5 is know to be very slow, it's really need 3.6HHz processor for comfort game. And you turn on sound and does not use VU hacks?
(08-04-2009, 06:12 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]Tekken 5 is know to be very slow, it's really need 3.6HHz processor for comfort game. And you turn on sound and does not use VU hacks?

Well, if I turn on those hacks, my FPS drops by ~5-10 fps. I tried to OC my processor to 3,4ghz, Tekken 5 was till slow. Should I get the PAL version ?
Bump...
turn off : allow 8-bit textures
frameskip can stay at 0
and try using no speedhacks at all. apparently it made my frames go up in some games.
you could also try using spu2-x as sound plugin.
btwTongue2al or ntsc won't make a difference.
and yes,you need to check Frame Skip,in order for it to work...It won't work if put on "Limit"...that improves the FPS alot...

you should put all the number back to 0 tough,since you have PAL games aswell...
Okay, I did all the settings that you guys said, but Tekken 5 still sucks. The strange thing is that Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World, Tekken 4, and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon runs at 60-70 FPS, without any slowdowns. What could be Tekken 5's problem ? Maybe Windows 7 ? Wacko
Pages: 1 2