..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow Hearts: Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, like half a year ago I was trying to play this game on PCSX. It was very playable, usually 50-60FPS, no slowdowns, but lines through the screen.

Using the latest build, latest GSdx, and latest ZeroSPU2, it appears the lines are gone, sound is now perfect, but oddly enough, FPS is still 50-60FPS in some scenes.

I saw a topic where Boistman(Spelling?) recommended Software mode, 3 threads. This actually works wonderfully and is MUCH faster than Hardware mode and presents less graphical anomalies. Usually though, Software IS slower...so it's a real shocker. Thanks for that.

Though with Software mode now, I can't set the "Internal" Resolution, so everything is HORRIBLY pixelated. I do not know how to solve this.

I also must question how is Software faster? It's always been more accurate, but never faster in well...almost any program I've ever seen that has the option.

DX10 mode on Vista produces the same results.(FPS in DX10 mode, that is.)

Specs are in my sig, except I have a GTX280 now. (Can't navigate this site for the life of me.)

Thanks for any help rendered.
I think it's related to the way the game handles textures and then hardware acceleration cannot emulate it so great so then it becomes GPU limited and software might actually do this correctly so it becomes easier/faster there. Also there's the fact you have a quad core which increases the speed of your software mode, I suppose if you ran it with only 1 SW. thread it wouldnt be so much faster.

I dont know how your DX9 (hardware) and DX10(hardware) run the same tho as in mine DX9 is still way slower :o
In this particular game? DX10 is faster in SOME games, such as XenoSaga where it more than doubles it, but in games like this, it has very little effect. I'm not sure what you mean, though.

But what about my other problem of setting the Internal resolution higher for software? It looks so pixelated now, some characters faces can barely be made out.
There is no way to to increase internal resolution with software mode. As the idea is to run it for compatibility and make it look exactly like the ps2 in it.
You cant set different internal resolution for software.

And hey maybe you got a card fast enough for running it on DX9 (hardware) fast but at least on mine DX10(hardware) was always faster and actually playable (DX9 = 32fps, DX10 = 60FPS, software = 70fps average) Tongue
Ah, well, I suppose. It's an odd Shadow Hearts bug, not really a requirements bug, I'm not sure exactly. It's always been like this.
You can use the AA GSdx has which is only for software mode,check the box. The game should work quite well with DX10,maybe you are doing something wrong? I'll check the speeds I get with it and report them here
Ah, well, in Hardware mode, the speeds are the same...software Mode, it doesn't matter, Speed is already maxed out. As I said, some games benefit from it, some don't. I'll look into that AA option. I hope it doesn't hurt performance to greatly.
well, while it's not as pretty as Hardware mode, i use bbf blend to smooth the edge out when i play this game in software mode (*much* faster than hardware mode).