..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CPU showing wrong usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've pretty much had this problem since I started using PCSX2 so it's been there when I use all the betas of PCSX2 (currently using beta 1474) and revisions of GSdx. Basically, as you can see in the screenshot, the CPU usage shows a massive percentage which constantly changes from numbers between 130% to 670%, sometimes it even shows over 4000% and stays around that. I have no speedhacks on and my GSdx (r1611) settings are attached with the screenshot. What exactly is causing this, and can it be fixed?
show your CPU settings please?
I tried enabling microVU0 and microVU1, didn't help.
Included Advanced settings in case that's helpful. I tried Clamp Mode on Normal, None and Full/Extra + Preserve Sign.
hm.. no idea, looks normal to me.. that an svn or gabest build?
hm, might be related to the cpu detection problem with some amds, i think the amd cool'n'quiet technology is responsible for this. test it with cool'n'quiet disabled.
@Saiki
It's the latest official build from Gabest.

@zero29
I had a feeling it was AMD related, but that's not based on anything 'cos i don't have any in depth knowledge of this stuff. What exactly is "Cool'n'quiet"? I guess I'll google and check it out.

BTW, am I wrong in thinking this is GSdx related? I figured since it's the GSdx plugin showing the usage at the top, that would mean GSdx is what calculates that percentage.

*EDIT*
Apparently, apart from disabling it in the BIOS, setting power management to "Home / Office Desk" disables Cool'n'Quiet. My power management is already set to that so CnQ should be disabled already, and I guess that means CnQ isn't the problem. Besides, CnQ shouldn't be in affect unless the CPU is idle so it shouldn't be interfering.
change ypur Power settings to "high performance" and see if it still shows up (restart pcsx2 as well)
XP doesn't have a High Performance setting, that's only Vista and maybe Win7.
oh crap.. I forgot that lol been too long since i touched XP lol and yes, 7 has high-performance, I use it
uncheck Allow 8-bit textures, this game slower with it.
Pages: 1 2 3