..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy 12 Cheat Dection System?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking for a Pnach for a while for Final Fantasy 12 but As I read I heard that it's got a cheat detection system and it corrupts files when a cheat is loaded. I myself am trying to get a Pnach file that works with the LP I saw some but Can't figure out how to make it Pnach also I kinda dropped the idea when i heard it corrupts files

Can anyone tell me if this is still in play and there still being corrupted or if someone has fixed that I've looked in the thread that has all the Pnach and didn't see any that says otherwise can anyone give me some info on this?
the only thing you can do with FF12, to my knowlage is to patch it running, meaning find the Hex vaule and alter it with RAM. (or whatever the PS2 uses as an equivalent)
As Saiki said, the only way I've gotten cheats to work on FF12 is to patch the values on the fly. I'm used to creating my own cheat codes so it hasn't been an issue for me. Again, as long as the codes aren't there before the game loads up it shouldn't be an issue. Just to be sure though, I always turn the codes off before I save as well.
you can use the method in my signature, just note that you only need to use the hex value and change factor

example:

0d48aa34 XX (up to xxxxxxxx, I find most are byte (xx) or word (xxxx) haven't seen many higher than that)
(08-19-2009, 06:14 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]you can use the method in my signature, just note that you only need to use the hex value and change factor

example:

0d48aa34 XX (up to xxxxxxxx, I find most are byte (xx) or word (xxxx) haven't seen many higher than that)

Ok am not a big Hex person so I have no Idea what to do with that and ya am really really stupid when it comes to Hex and the kind of things I need to do to make it work from the sounds of it

I don't even know how to make it work or a Pnach so ya