..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Boss Cutscene Error (Ico)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Howdy, all. I've tried to find a solution for this both in the forums and elsewhere, as well as trying on my own. Apologies if I'm asking an often-asked question.

After either watching or attempting to skip the cutscene before the final boss fight in Ico, I get a CPU usage of %0 and a black screen with no audio.

Any help would be appreciated; been trying to finish the game for a while now, and this is hopefully the last speedbump.

Thanks much.

Using GSdx 0.1.15 (SSE2, DX10 hardware mode), USA BIOS v01.60

*edit*

Sorry, sig didn't get attached for some reason; using beta 1474.
Let's see, load from a memcard after disabling all hacks. If that doesn't do it, try fiddling with the advanced options, like changing round modes
(08-31-2009, 09:23 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see, load from a memcard after disabling all hacks. If that doesn't do it, try fiddling with the advanced options, like changing round modes

Alright, I'll give this a shot after class today. In from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM ;_;

Thank you kindly, sir.
the game not need speed hacks at at all!{for me at least}
it's runing on full speed all the time.
speed hacks even makes the game to work worse.
Well, I played up to the boss from my last save point again (just outside the main gate) without any speed hacks. I still can't get past the cutscene where the boy talks to the Queen, though. My CPU usage is fluctuating with all sorts of weird numbers, like 776583678%, just as an example. What would be a good idea for round mode to try first? This wouldn't be such a pain if it didn't take me 20 minutes to get to the boss from the final save point. :[
Hm, try using the latest GSdx ( http://guliverkli.sf.net/latest.php?q=GSdx ).
Another question: for testing purposes, is it not advisable to load from a save state? Just wondering since it takes so long to get from the last save to the boss.

*edit*

As an aside, using the latest version of gsdx improved my image quality and FPS significantly. I'm getting those weird blobby shadows now, but that's tolerable.

*edit 2*

Just played up to that part again with the updated gsdx. Same black screen.
Uhm, are you playing the game from disc or ISO? If from ISO try remaking the ISO or playing from the disc, if from disc try making a ISO and play from there. Also did you try it with the stable PCSX2 0.9.6?

Also can you show us your pcsx2 settings?
You need to set EE and VU clamping to "extra", that much I know.
Else the controls sometimes go weird (VU), or some cutscenes freeze (EE).
i cant start this game (i get black blank screen). do i have to setup something specific 4 this game to start it?
all other games works fine (more - less)
thx.
Pages: 1 2