..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: what's been goin on with zerospu2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smile just a quik question am I the only one noticing that zerospu2 is sounding well "I dont wanna say this but" awful {Sorry about that} every revision seems to make it worst altough I am still able use the old and original 0.4.6 version that came with the pcsx2 0.9.6 and I know about the great changes in Spu2-x and although it is great Spu2-x is still well a bit more slower by a few FPS compared to zerospu2 0.4.6 I have the feeling that its been well U know left behind Compared to Spu2-x

what di U think about it
zerospu2 hasn't been updated in a long time.
zerofrog the author of zerospu2 has been away from pcsx2 for years already.

otoh, spu2-x's primary authors are jakestine and gigaherz who are still active with pcsx2, which is why its constantly being updated.

spu2-x is by far better sounding and accurate than zerospu2, so it should be used unless for some reason zerospu2 is better for the particular game.

spu2 is a small factor for speed with pcsx2 compared to the other components, so sound plugins don't make much of a difference speed-wise.
TNX for the heads up! cotton Hope somebody Pick's it up someday
SPU2 is also a very important game compatibility factor.
Out of the 3 available plugins, ZeroSPU2 does the least work to correctly emulate the hardware state.
This is the reason it's fast, and also the reason we don't really support it anymore.
Reference URL's