..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows 7 Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, don't know if anyone has tried it yet, but I have installed pcsx2 on my Windows 7 beta and it actually probably works better than it would on Vista. Smile

EDIT: Yes I have tried this on Vista. Yes it works better on Windows 7. Vista has the god-awful tendency to do the BSOD if I play games on it and I am using a high-end computer too (I have Vista and Windows 7 both on the same computer).
(04-01-2009 02:41 PM)thaychris Wrote: [ -> ]... and it actually probably works better than it would on Vista. Smile

meaning you have no idea if it does work better -.- don't post random things please or every noob will try to mimik you
Yeah it works better on W7 than Vista. I can confirm it
(04-01-2009 02:41 PM)thaychris Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, don't know if anyone has tried it yet, but I have installed pcsx2 on my Windows 7 beta and it actually probably works better than it would on Vista. Smile

EDIT: Yes I have tried this on Vista. Yes it works better on Windows 7. Vista has the god-awful tendency to do the BSOD if I play games on it and I am using a high-end computer too (I have Vista and Windows 7 both on the same computer).

i run vista and it has never BSOD on me unless i oc'ed my old cpu too high, so it sounds like a hardware issue to be honest. its perfectly stable, i suggest checking your parts out. Smile
Here's my problem with Windows 7 (it's a small one, but proved annoying at first).

Pinning pcsx2.exe to the taskbar causes all sorts of problems.
Pinning a shortcut to pcsx2.exe to the taskbar does not.

I'm not sure why this is...
Anyone want to verify this?
1. Right click the executable and click pin to taskbar)
2. Open it and see if it works...

if yes then great! otherwise unpin from the taskbar, create a shortcut and then try pinning the shortcut and see if that works.
(04-01-2009 04:15 PM)unauthorizedlogin Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2009 02:41 PM)thaychris Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, don't know if anyone has tried it yet, but I have installed pcsx2 on my Windows 7 beta and it actually probably works better than it would on Vista. Smile

i run vista and it has never BSOD on me unless i oc'ed my old cpu too high, so it sounds like a hardware issue to be honest. its perfectly stable, i suggest checking your parts out. Smile

Well it only happend the most with Sp2 but heres my pecs if anyone wishes to see:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
PHILIPS BD-RE BDD1001
INTEL Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz (x4)
4.00 GB RAM
32-bit

Oh its also a Dell if that makes any difference.
You do realize SP2 is still in beta stages right? I've had like 1 BSOD in about 8 months of vista usage,it's rock stable,I could even say as stable as XP SP3 for me.
Anyway Windows 7 probably gives some speedup due to optimized things in directx handling but also due to less resource usage compared to vista. Can't wait for the final build to give it a try Smile
(04-01-2009 04:15 PM)unauthorizedlogin Wrote: [ -> ]i run vista and it has never BSOD on me unless i oc'ed my old cpu too high, so it sounds like a hardware issue to be honest. its perfectly stable, i suggest checking your parts out. Smile
mine doesn't BSOD but it does give alot of DEP problems (and I usually stick to factory defualts)
They removed the Windows Classic Theme Sad That alone makes it worth less than Vista in my mind.

7 should run PCSX2 the same as, if not better than, Vista when it's finally released. It's the same drivers so it comes down to the little tweaks they have done, it's hard to imagine it getting worse performance.
they didn't have the XP theme in vista, that pissed me off. I wouldn't even use vista's theme if the XP one was there (and no, I'm not tweaking vista basic to look like XP)
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's