Gsdx Directx 10 and 11 "GS Plugin Failed To Initialize" age-old error.
I know what people are thinking when they first see this thread, "Update Directx using the end-user runtime" or "Install the Microsoft 2008 C++ package", however my computer has both and Directx is fully updated.

My computer OS is Windows 7 Home Premium x64 version. It is a Compaq Desktop computer with an NVidia GeForce 6150SE nforce 430 graphics card with the latest graphics drivers installed from the NVidia website. I have found my graphics card does indeed use Pixel Shader 3.0! It also has an AMD Athlon II X2 215 (2.7GHZ) processor. I have 3GB of DDR2 Memory. And a 500GB hard drive.

The Pcsx2 version I am using is the r1888 public beta. I have tried using older and newer plugins of gsdx, but every time I use the DX10 or DX11 settings I get the error "An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occured with the message: The GS Plugin failed to open/initialize. Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file."

DX9 works, but it is slower and glitchy. I heard DX10 works wonders!

Now that we have the specs down and other info., the error message that has been logged...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
PCSX2 beta (r1888) - compiled on Sep 20 2009
Savestate version: 8b410001
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = AuthenticAMD
FamilyID = 2
x86Family = AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 Processor
CPU speed = 2.712 ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1
Not Detected SSE4.2

Extended AMD Features:
Detected MMX2
Detected 3DNOW
Detected 3DNOW2
Detected SSE4a

Loading plugins...
Plugins loaded successfully.
Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Resetting...
Ready
Initializing plugins...
Plugins initialized successfully.
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (1936768 sectors)
Bios Version 2.0
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 60.0 fps
Opening Plugins...
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff
An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:

%s

Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file.
Closing plugins...
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugin shutdown complete.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone could help me with my situation, that would be great! And if there is more info. that is needed, please tell me so I can update the thread!

Sponsored links

your video card can reached up to DX9 you cannot use DX10 and 11 see this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_6_Series
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
According to the NVidia Control Panel and DXDIAG, my video card is on DirectX 11. I could post screenshots if you like.
Your card does not support DX10, your OS and drivers can use DirectX10/11 but not your card. If you're still not convinced let's put it this way... the Direct3D10 (Hardware) mode will automatically use Pixel Shaders 4.0 which your card doesn't have so it wont work.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Are you saying that the software mode should work? Cause that mode also returns the same error, if that is the case.
It should have worked as far as I remember but if it doesn't... well tough luck, either way your card does not support DX10 so you should use DX9 :P
Dag-nabbit!!!! DX9 is so glitchy!!! I hope someone can find a way so I can at least use the software setting, since hardware won't be able to work. Cause I really wanna test out DX10 because of all the bug fixes, speed fixes, etc. If not, I guess it's time to upgrade my graphics card! Thanks for enlightening me!
If you really wanna try the D3D renderer you should update your videocard, a Geforce 6150 doesn't really help at all for speed and in fact the software D3D9 renderer could actually be faster in places where hardware would be very slow. At least something like an ATI 4670 or Geforce 9600GT would be recommended but a 8600GT 9500GT or ATI 4650 would do too if you're short on money.

Software renderers are the most compatible so with D3D9 (software) you shouldn't see glitches except on specific games by the way.
Ok. Yah, tried the software DX9 on Kingdom Hearts II and whoa, what a difference! A lot less glitchy in my case! At least I can play games slowly, but surely! (Unlike my old computer with it's old GeForce MX and Pentium 4! I laugh at my old computer, Lol!)