GSdx
it seems that my computer does not like me, i have browsed some of these forums and your guide to setting up but my computer has decided it does not wish to run the emulator, it comes up with a message, after i have clicked run with a PS2 disk in the drive, (even if i dont have one in the drive, same effect) telling me i must update directx, and if i want to open the window in my browser, i have already downloaded the update and after i click no or ok it shows me a message, saying:

An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occured, with the message:

the GS plugin failed to open/initialize PCSX2 will now close, more details may be available via the emulog.txt file.

my computer has specs to run it ( i'm not sure what they are, and i'm not sure how to find out but i know they are above the lowest settings) i have changed all settings to pretty much all the combinations i can think of and to no avail, any ideas?

P.S: if anyone has already had this then please let there be a simple way to sort this out, 68 pages is alot to read when you're frustrated and tired Sad

Sponsored links

(04-28-2009, 08:04 PM)adrenaguy Wrote: it seems that my computer does not like me, i have browsed some of these forums and your guide to setting up but my computer has decided it does not wish to run the emulator, it comes up with a message, after i have clicked run with a PS2 disk in the drive, (even if i dont have one in the drive, same effect) telling me i must update directx, and if i want to open the window in my browser, i have already downloaded the update and after i click no or ok it shows me a message, saying:

An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occured, with the message:

the GS plugin failed to open/initialize PCSX2 will now close, more details may be available via the emulog.txt file.

my computer has specs to run it ( i'm not sure what they are, and i'm not sure how to find out but i know they are above the lowest settings) i have changed all settings to pretty much all the combinations i can think of and to no avail, any ideas?

P.S: if anyone has already had this then please let there be a simple way to sort this out, 68 pages is alot to read when you're frustrated and tired Sad

What are your system specs?
Corsair HX 1000 watt psu,
ASUS P6X58D Premium 3X SLi/SATA3/USB3,
intel core i7 920 @ 3.0 GHz,
Noctua NH-14D cpu cooler,
12 GB Corsair 1600 DDR3 Triple Channel,
MSI GTX 580 1.5GB GDDR3,
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Champion soundcard with front panel,
1X OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD,
1X 500 GB WD 16 mb cache HD,
Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
adrenaguy: Do what it says, download and install the directx update...

If that message doesn't go away, then the update has not successfully installed.
well i did install it, didn't work, i'll keep working to look for some stuff, perhaps a different directx update, i'll give that a go...
Go to microsoft's website and look for the latest directx redistributable
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Hi,,
I am new for this but can our beloved gabest look for this problems please for the upcoming build:

*1-Final Fantasy X-2 [USA]:the Movies are ALL Choppy and get 40-30FPS
*2-Yakuza 1&2 [USA]:REALLY SLOW in the FMV around 29-32FPS and 40-42 FPS In Game.
*3-The Suffering 2 Ties That Bind [USA]:The In game is all MESS&Complex Its 100% Unplayable.
Thanx In advance and Good Luck...
angel_forever, your specs?
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
Yeah Sorry I FORGOTBlush
E6750 Core2Duo 2600GHz
4GB DDR2 667
MSI GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB
Windows XP S,P3
Hope That Should Do The Trick
**By the way:Yakuza 2 [USA] with the 1076 GSDX Build It Has missing the ICONs in the game like health bar and tension Bar and somethings
Thanx
(04-28-2009, 12:21 PM)satan666 Wrote: In GSdx source code and compile by yourself.
http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pl...SState.cpp
All I have to do is download this file and Compile? Or any files need ?
Can everyone tell me! Is there really "fullscreen mode" in DX10 (Hardware mode). I knew that we can choose the resolution for fullscreen mode in the Resolution Dropdownlist and we can push Alt + Enter to do it. Rolleyes
But have you ever noticed that the size of icon mouse is not change. I mean, if the resolution you chose higher your current screen resolution, so the mouse icon must smaller than it before... Excl
In DX9 mode, if we choose the resolution for fullscreen mode. Gsdx will enter it automatically, but DX10 mode is not. I think Gsdx just converse from window mode to ours current resolution (make fullscreen) but not the resolution we choose in Dropdownlist... Wacko