GSdx
Gabest, can you take a look at this weird textures in Jak II? Changing render from HW to SW than back to HW on fly fixes eyes of characters, but Jak's face and water looks fine only in software.
Here is gs dump http://www.sendspace.com/file/oprxhb

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Hello . This is my frist post here (was posting before on ngemu forums).

I wanted to report some bugs in Tekken 5, but which is strange is that some of them doesnt ocour in PAL version and does occour in NTSC version.

I tried couple versions of GSDX , and it is allways the same (sppeed hacks too) , there are artifacts in NTSC version , and no artifacts in PAL ( there is few that are in common but they are minor compared to NTSC artifacts ).

Also Tekken 5 has ( tested only DX10 ) problems with non native res, basicaly it crashes instantly after first intro if you set higher res (like 1280x1024) but you can start it at 1024x1024, but again at 1024x1024 you can play all modes but not Deveil Within which crashes on loading and works fine in native res. I havent had any problems seting high resolutions in other games ( for example Mortal Kombat Armagedon/Deception works fine even you set 2048x2048 res).
Emu crashes with GSDX.dll error

No speedhacks enabled all setings defualt.

Tested revs GSDX from 1250-1350, all the same.
PCSX Revs 1058-1350, all the same.

My PC

CPU : E8200 @ 3.6 Ghz
RAM : 4GB @ 1066Mhz
GPU : Radeon HD4870 512mb.

I hope what i said make some sense for You Gabest . Please tell if i can provide somehow more info if you need it .
(06-09-2009, 10:22 AM)Bositman Wrote:
(06-09-2009, 02:07 AM)edu_dudu Wrote: God of war 2 is ghosting on directx10 (hardware)

Only with non native resolutions,use native or live with it.

I am with native resolution!! Just in DX9 that there is no ghost!!
My pc: Core 2 Duo E7200 2,53ghz (overclocked to 3,0ghz)
/ 4GB DDR2 667 / Geforce 8600gt 512mb

[Image: assinaturaforummi1.jpg]
(06-09-2009, 12:17 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: uhm I dont remember KH looking like that Tongue

Well most problems like that can be solved using the "native" checkbox in GSdx config usually (or just trying another internal resolution combination might work), for some other games it's only fixed using software mode or DX10 against DX9 or the opposite or even using ZeroGS as Graphics plugin. Sometimes but less likely turning off speedhacks can work.

Ok ! thanks for the advices.
I've tried eveything you said, except DX10 (I don't have Vista).
On the "native" resolution, the glitch is weaker, but still there.
On software mode, the glitch disapears.
On ZeroGS, without anti aliasing, no glitch.
On ZeroGS, when anti aliasing is on, the glitch appears again.

So this bug is due to anti aliasing, maybe Catalyst 9.5 drivers are faulty...
Nah it's more about the calculations for "stretching" the resolution probably, the games were designed to work well on a specific resolution after all and well the plugins arent perfect Tongue

The "anti-aliasing" in ZeroGS just increases the internal resolution same as GSdx with another than "native" anyway.
Ok ! thanks.

With the last revision (1351), on native res, the glitch disapeared on the dialogs, but it is still noticeable on the menus.

I also have problems with some textures which are flickering, even with logarithmic Z, but it's less noticeable with native res. I guess I'll play as it is intended to be play : native res !
(06-08-2009, 09:18 PM)Tetram Wrote:
(06-08-2009, 09:04 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Yeah "misc > close gs window on esc" worked in older GSdx dx9 but not the latest ones.
I confirm that I've checked this option, and it doesn't have any effect.
At the moment, I've got to use the ESC, ALT F4 then CTRL V combo...
Everything else works like a charm, so It does not bother me.
hmm yes, i just tested and it happens the same way for me Mellow, but it doesn't happen in Gsdx 1250, but then i have another problem there when escaping and then going back to the game through "File->Run CD/DVD" (which doesn't happen with Gsdx 1194) Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Sly racoon 2&3 pal

There is a problem when using dx9 or 10 hardware mode. The screen gets these weird lines all time in hardware but in the software mode it looks perfect.
I have newest gsdx svn 1351 and these lines has been there always. Weirdly sly 1 looks perfectly in hardware mode. Screenshots from hw and shw.
Maybe you can get these fixed when you have time.Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey Gabest,

Im told you can help me obtain a modified (recompiled differently) version (by you not hacked by somebody of course) of your graphics plugin that removes the fog and/or anything causing major fps slowness in the game "God of War"

Game version is:
GoW [SCUS 97399] [CRC D6385328] (U)

Im not an expert so i dont know exactly what needs to be removed to fix the FPS but people are saying its the FOG mainly.

Thanks!.
Wink 
Hi all Im from Uruguay sorry for the english i speak spanish , i´m a full user of pcsx2 and i test the most recent plugin of gdsx, this plugin reduced the fps on my emulator and the cpu used at work i use 0.9.6 pcsx2, and i play the mkArmagedon at 40fps, before that I used the gsdx 850 the fps in this game was 20 fps too slow.
Thanks for this new plugin gsdx 1351 i play more fast.

Im a qwestion how to toogle full screen when i play in this, i press esc but nothing, and alt+enter and nothing how to escape, thanks for yours answer to all bye.Pac-Man