Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] Ghost in the shell: SAC [PAL]
Thumbs Up 
# Pcsx2 version:0.9.6-beta-831
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 890 SSSE3 0.1.14 or zerogs 0.97.1, spu2-x 1.1.0
# Description: The menu and intros are better with zerogs. Training is playable with both graphic plugins /zerogs is better: it shows text/. First level is only playable with gsdx. Zerogs draws colorful picture Smile. With gsdx you can play till the gate. It won't open ->BUG. Graphics needs some improvement. Besides it is playable. Maybe it needs a patch to open the gate.

Great work PCSX2 TEAM!

Looking forward to playing this game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Tried setting clamping to full and extra+sign in advanced to get through the door? Or other roundmodes
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-25-2009, 03:28 AM)Bositman Wrote: Tried setting clamping to full and extra+sign in advanced to get through the door? Or other roundmodes

Nope. It doesn't help. I've tried other settings but still no luck. The other thing with zerogs plugin is that training level can be played with it. But the frames are in yellow and a bit slower.
This game is worth it. /anime was/
Hello all, just wanted to share my impressions of GiTS SAC. Settings about similar as Tree's, played around with them, and trying to find the best combination. If people are interested, I could slap up some screenshots later on. Here's what I've found. All settings produce thin vertical lines on the screen, like Tree's attached image. The best quality & speed of the game is by using Gsdx 890 SSSE41, DX10(Hardware), Interlacing blend ttf, all speed hacks on. BUT, when you play the game, you don't see the information panel with messages, the sound is there, and everything works, except you can't read anything, so you probably won't proceed much. If you use Gsdx with Software Rendering, then the information panel's are there, and the graphics are acceptable (well, not as great as with the hardware rendering, but I would play it ... Smile ), BUT, my rig gets about 60% FPS while playing, but when the panel gets displayed, drops down to 30% FPS, and that's almost unusable.

With the zerogs, you also get the vertical lines, the screen is greenish, the messages get displayed, somewhat slower than the Gsdx, BUT, on the training missions, when I get to the part where you have to use sniper mode to bring down your enemies, the screen gets garbled up, you can'r figure out anything on it, and the FPS drops down to 5-6 FPS at best. Don't know what causes this, but I just couldn't speed this up.

Hope this feedback helps, if you want more feedback, contact me, I'm ready for the testing.

Cheers.
Currently Working On:
[Image: 20accwz.png]
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th
Vertical lines are always due to using a resolution other than native...check native in gsdx and they will go away
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Information 

I'll use this topic for my go at testing out Ghost In The Shell (completely reorganized thread). The following posts are used for:

- global settings used
- general ramblings about GiTS
- testing with GSdx plugin (I'll always try and use that latest plugins)
- testing with ZeroGS plugin
- testing with ZZ Ogl plugin

I hope I can contribute to all developers that are working on this project. All members that have this game and are interested in helping me out, feel free to join up.

My PC specification is in my profile, just click on my name left to this post.

In the following posts I'll try to remove the old stuff with the recent findings, unless something remains unsolved, I'll leave them to be seen. I really hope to be of some use to plugin and general developers, and I'm open to any suggestions (considering this particular game, I really wouldn't want to be testing 20 games in the same period of time, I have other things I do besides this) and ready for any comments.

The newest info will be on the beginning of the post.

The reason I over exhaust my self over testing this game -> huge fan of the GiTS series.

You can expect almost daily updates (unless I'm busy with something else, you'll see it in my signature).

Cheers all.
Currently Working On:
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th
Information 
Global Settings Used During Testing

*** Apr 16th 2009 ***

* settings comment: To avoid questions like "Why these exact settings?", "Why no frame limiting?", etc... I'll answer them right now: as I'm doing testing mainly on overall stability and graphics, these are the settings that give me most out of my PC... With these settings in some cases the gameplay is at 200% or more FPS, which means I can complete a level much faster, thus be more productive at testing. Note that even if you use these exact settings, you might not get the same results as I have, because you don't have the exact hardware as my self, so you'll have slightly worse (or slightly better) results... So no need to panic... That's ok...
Currently Working On:
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th
Information 
General ramblings about Ghost In The Shell SAC PS2 game

*** Apr 17th 2009 ***

So, after I exhausted the training mission, I've decided to give the real missions a go for a change. The first mission looks playable, but I just can't figure out how to open the door. I unlock them via the terminal, and then there's talk with Togusa, and I just can't pass the door. Anyone played this on a PS2? Will the door open automatically, or I need to make some action? Because I tried everything I could, and nothing happens. Here's a few screens of this level:

[Image: 24lu9tt_th.jpg] [Image: 2rfwio8_th.jpg] [Image: 20afioo_th.jpg] [Image: 11h4g9v_th.jpg] [Image: 10dtcfs_th.jpg] [Image: 2ngd7nn_th.jpg] [Image: 2n6i6pk_th.jpg] [Image: 2regmt3_th.jpg] [Image: 9gxclx_th.jpg] [Image: 2j4rho5_th.jpg] [Image: 21jautx_th.jpg] [Image: 2j60k8k_th.jpg] [Image: kpafp_th.jpg] [Image: nx01es_th.jpg] [Image: vgr02u_th.jpg] [Image: jjwpkp_th.jpg]

The new problem is this: the door won't open, no matter which plugin is used, no matter what combination of round modes is used, frame limiting/skipping doesn't help either. So far I've tested this part on following emulators:
- PCSX2 0.9.6
- PCSX2 0.9.6 beta 976
- PCSX2 Playground 1.0.0395
- PCSX2 0.9.5 svn 377
- PCSX2 0.9.5 svn 396
- PCSX2 Playground beta rev 672

with absolutely no changes on this matter on either one of them. Sad

*** Apr 16th 2009 ***
Here are my findings in the game, that don't change whatever graphics plugin I've used:

- Melee Combat training mission - right after the start, the Major drops into the floor... After the information text, she will float for a few seconds and the mission will end, an you'll have a choice between continue and exit. No matter how many times I tried again, same thing happens.

[Image: 107o26x_th.jpg] [Image: 25solxy_th.jpg]

- When using positive EE Recs and VU Recs, the Shooting Practice mission gets messed up (no enemies are in the field, and without even shooting you'll complete the mission), and also the following Sniper Shooting mission has a fault (2 instead of 3 enemies are displayed in the field). The next mission, the Melee Combat also has something interesting with this setting: this time not only will the Major drop thorugh the floor, but her opponent as well .... go figure ... (not that I would mind dropping down with the Major myself... Tongue ) ... Also, with those settings, sometimes at the mission start, the Major will hang from the air, until you begin to move.

[Image: miz0uu_th.jpg] [Image: le8m9_th.jpg] ........ This is correct => [Image: fwt341_th.jpg]
[Image: 30vloxl_th.jpg] [Image: nojbl3_th.jpg] [Image: 35l7t7c_th.jpg] [Image: 2rp4nxh_th.jpg] [Image: 8x3akp_th.jpg]
[Image: 2941oc6_th.jpg]
Currently Working On:
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th
Information 
GSdx graphics plugin

*** Apr 17th 2009 #2 ***

If you check the previous post, same date, you'll find pictures taken with the standard plugin configuration, and using DirectD3D DX10 Hardware (yes, hardware) native mode. As you can see, now the HUD, crosshair and messages get displayed correctly, but when I went back to test it in the Training mission, there with this option you can't see nothing of that.

On the good side, I've tried to use non-native resolution, and I've upscaled the image to 1680X1050... What can I say, pure eye-candy, with absolutely no performance drop, but there are black lines visible on the screen. But, I would play it this way, it's a sight for sore eyes... I won't post screenshots, as I don't want people to faint or drool too much... Tongue

*** Apr 17th 2009 ***

The thing that bugs me the most about this plugin is the difference between Hardware/Software mode, and I just can't figure out why it works the way it works in this game.

Left image: GSdx 962 SSE41 Direct3D10 Software, native
Right image: GSdx 962 SSE41 Direct3D10 Hardware, native

[Image: 308uvyw_th.jpg] [Image: 2utozte_th.jpg]

In the HW mode I just can't get to see the message as on the SW mode. You can hear the sound of the letters being displayed, and you can'm move around unless you click your way out of those messages (like in the SW mode).

[Image: 2hehah0_th.jpg] [Image: 2co0sbm_th.jpg]

During gameplay, in HW mode only the surroundings, the Major and the opponents are visible. As you can see the difference between images, in HW mode there are no pointers visible, or directions.

[Image: ejanuo_th.jpg] [Image: 2lj1eki_th.jpg]

In this case, the entire HUD isn't displayed, and the worst thing here, there isn't even a cross hair visible, so I had to shot down the enemies by feel. Up to this point I could almost conclude this: if you think about it like layers in Photoshop, the top layer(s) are there, but not being displayed, apart from the ones you can see for yourself on the HW image. The upper layers include HUD, crosshair, information messages, and retry messages (check comparision post on the next page).

[Image: 11wc421_th.jpg] [Image: 2zsb0q0_th.jpg]

BUT, here's the problem. As I've said before, and you can see in the comparision post, there's something different about the sniper scope mode. Here, the HW is 100% working, with all elements visible, and the FPS really high (in other plugin's cases, the speed here will slowed down, check title bar in both cases, and you'll see what I mean).
Currently Working On:
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th
Information 
ZeroGS graphics plugin

*** Apr 17th 2009 ***

The global thing about this plugin is the yellow-green filter that is over the screen like in the example below. Also, no matter what settings I tried, Major's sleeves and shoes are rendered as you can see, displaying wrong textures.

[Image: r0v0xc_th.jpg]

An interesting thing I've found while experimenting, by using these advanced settings, you can get quite a boost in performance, so you can then use AA 2x, and play at 55-65 FPS. It is quite handy for my testing, because now I can speed things up a bit. The other images are displaying used AA modes, from none to 16x respectively (check the difference between them, and see the details in the title bar).

[Image: j0bhac_th.jpg] [Image: 29eolci_th.jpg] [Image: 2q8al53_th.jpg] [Image: 2rnfsw7_th.jpg] [Image: euiv6o_th.jpg] [Image: 2cnilmo_th.jpg]

The only way so far I found to be a step towards the graphics like the GSdx, is by using these settings (of course, it's worse, but at least parts of the screen are displayed as they should be).

[Image: 2hdact4_th.jpg] [Image: 6zsu94_th.jpg] [Image: w06sxs_th.jpg]
Currently Working On:
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th