Odin Sphere: What settings?
Odin Sphere is supposedly very playable. It's mentioned many times in "Perfect" game lists. I find that there is quite a bit of slowdown during many scenes, in particular the first voiced scene in the game, using GSDX. With ZeroGS the slowdown is supposedly fixed, but it looks like crap, text and other stuff is missing... basically, it's ZeroGS. What should I use to get Odin Sphere to run better?
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\

Sponsored links

Get the latest version of ZeroGS and set Antialiasing to your liking. Given how the game looks normally, 2x/4x should be enough. Add Bilinear Filtering for best results. Works like a charm.
[Image: matisdmciu2.jpg]
You can use ZeroGS. Or you can use a solution I used to use with this particular game when using GSdx plugin.
The trick is: set the vuskip/frameskip as [60, 9999, 1, 1]. Doing this, you'll force the game to run at 30fps, but as the game is a 2D game, you will not notice any difference as if you were running it at 60fps. Hope this helps you.
And sorry for my bad english. Tongue

Sorry for my bad english.
(03-28-2009, 06:24 AM)Matis Wrote: Get the latest version of ZeroGS and set Antialiasing to your liking. Given how the game looks normally, 2x/4x should be enough. Add Bilinear Filtering for best results. Works like a charm.

Thanks, I guess I just had an outdated ZeroGS or something.

And about the other suggestion, that won't work for me. In a game with a large amount of voice acting, such severe slowdown would be unacceptable to me.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
ZeroGDS doesn't work 4 me very well. I used GSdx 841m or 834 with (AA1) the CPU VU changes mention it works a little better but still slow and choppy when I play moving the character. When the character stops the FPS improves. Does anybody know any changes in the "advance option" well help the game improve?

Specs;
Vista 32 bit
intel Q6600 2.4 ghz
3GB mem
8800 GTS 640 Mb
"Doesn't work well" can be taken in many ways. As far as I know, in the graphics department, ZeroGS can handle Odin Sphere awesomely well. If you're talking about speed, you could enable some speedhacks(x1.5 Cycle Rate should be more than enough). Just don't put anti-aliasing higher than x4. That would probably have a big impact on FPS and make it run slow as hell. Plus, the game is detailed enough for it to look good even without anti-aliasing of any sort.
[Image: matisdmciu2.jpg]
Didn't try the new 0.9.6 with this game yet but with older version of pcsx2 and GSdx i got 50fps(Pal) all the time no problem at all.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5