Cant Use Savestate (not a crash issue)
yea probably because of not loading necessary stuff Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja

Sponsored links

You really should specify your all plugins when asking for help. If you're using the XPad plugin, that's the problem. Only fairly recent builds of it have any keyboard support.
i am sorry to barge in but i seem to have a similar problem.i have vista ultimate x64 and when i play any game on pcsx2 beta 872 and press f1 to make a savestate it crashes to desktop with close or online help window and exits.any other pcsx2 version i tried(0.9.6,beta 976) crashes to desktop with close or online help window(with an APPCRASH error from module StackHash) right after i press Run CD/DVD(just when the game should start).I have even tried other video plug-ins but no use in making savestates.
My specs:Q6600,4gb ram,8800gt,vista ultimate x64
pcsx2 specsTongue2csx2-beta-872
Garaphics:GSdx 730 SSE3 0.1.14
Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
Controller: LilyPad svn r870 0.9.11
CdvdRom: EFP Iso CDVD Driver 0.6.0

CPU: all on with frames rendered as fast as possible
SpeedHacks: x2 cycle rate
Advanced:
EE:
Round Mode-chop/zero
Clamp mode-normal
FZ off and DZ on
VU:
Round Mode-chop/zero
Clamp mode-normal
FZ off and DZ on
Hi guys.

Long-time user, first-time poster. Noticed a strange problem with not working savestates. Using SVN 976 my savestates were working perfectly on FF XII. Yesterday I started using the newer 1034 SVN and it doesn't load savestates (made either with the old SVN or the new one) - basically the system just hangs when I try to do that. The config is the same for both SVNs (I just use a different exe in the same PCSX2 folder), so I'm pretty sure it is down to some difference between the SVNs.
I had to revert to using the 976 build since SS are a blessing.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Maybe the new cyclestealing hack has something to do with it. Will check in the evening.
(04-22-2009, 08:28 AM)moonrajah Wrote: Long-time user, first-time poster. Noticed a strange problem with not working savestates. Using SVN 976 my savestates were working perfectly on FF XII. Yesterday I started using the newer 1034 SVN and it doesn't load savestates (made either with the old SVN or the new one) - basically the system just hangs when I try to do that. The config is the same for both SVNs (I just use a different exe in the same PCSX2 folder), so I'm pretty sure it is down to some difference between the SVNs.
I had to revert to using the 976 build since SS are a blessing.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Maybe the new cyclestealing hack has something to do with it. Will check in the evening.

Nah, not so strage. Refraction added some stuff to the emulation states in r989, and they're not being saved to the savestates (thus savestates since r989 are unstable and probably bukpis). We're working on getting it fixed.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(04-22-2009, 09:24 AM)Air Wrote: Nah, not so strage. Refraction added some stuff to the emulation states in r989, and they're not being saved to the savestates (thus savestates since r989 are unstable and probably bukpis). We're working on getting it fixed.

Thanks for the reply. Will be waiting for the resolution of this issue.
On all other fronts the emu rocks and definately gets better with time. Keep up the good work guys!
(04-22-2009, 05:45 PM)moonrajah Wrote:
(04-22-2009, 09:24 AM)Air Wrote: Nah, not so strage. Refraction added some stuff to the emulation states in r989, and they're not being saved to the savestates (thus savestates since r989 are unstable and probably bukpis). We're working on getting it fixed.

Thanks for the reply. Will be waiting for the resolution of this issue.
On all other fronts the emu rocks and definately gets better with time. Keep up the good work guys!
gets alot faster on slower pcs now too (dual cores at least)
"I had to revert to using the 976 build since SS are a blessing."

Im using the 976 build and when i tried to load the savestate, i had this
msg box...How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance :Happy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My Rig:

Core 2 Quad Q8200 2,33
2gb ddr2
Dg31pr
XFX 9600gt 512ddr3
Vista SP1

You probably don't need confirmation, but it looks to me like you're correct. I compiled a build of 984 so I could slip in between getting the VU Cycle Steal hack and the introduction of this bug and it worked successfully.

I don't see any officially reported issue for this bug on the tracker. Should one be made, or is that because it was already quietly fixed sometime after the current public beta build (1059)?

Either way, thank you for the info, Air. You've allowed me to continue playing without having to choose between full speed and working save states.
Actually, scratch that. I can still reproduce this issue reliably in r984, before the hacks you noted were introduced by 986. However, I think moonrajah's first guess was on target. I cannot reproduce this issue on either 984 OR 1059 when VU Cycle Stealing is off. However, I can reproduce it reliably on either when VU Cycle Stealing is set to Medium. It appears that VU Cycle Stealing is at fault. Perhaps it could be temporarily disabled automatically when saving state?

Can reproduce on windows using either beta or release plugin set, GSdx.

[edit] Forgot to say that my test game is FF12. But, regardless, I imagine that the next step will be for me to build with SVN head and get back to you on if it's reproducable there.